Headlight Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

patchelect

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just picked up a CPO '14 Ram with standard headlights. I was sadly disappointed in their inability to illuminate dark roads well. Not quite as bad as my Dakota, but not too much better either. My '11 Subaru Outback puts the RAM to shame!

What is generally used as an "upgrade"? I'm for longevity and not a laser burning effect but I'd like to brighten up my life a bit at night. Reasonably priced and not over the top are the operative words. I've seen where some here complain about ANY OEM lights and others are quite satisfied with their OEM upgraded version. It appears that replacement units are in the $250-300 range each and I'll spring the bucks as long as there is value to the expense.

DwnDak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It seems as though an LED bulb swap with CANBUS decoders can be done for around $250 for the headlights and other few hundred for the fogs installed. Most places around here are selling CANBUS modules for $50 a pair, and $179-229 for various brands of LED bulbs. Once mine comes out of the bodyshop it'll be my next modification. These halogens in a projector housing are junk!