Help!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

To3z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was just about to start installing my Westin Nerf bars when I put the first bolt bar in the truck frame and *plop*... I dropped it. Not sure if anybody has a clue what im talking about but its the part on the bottom edge of the passenger side... There's normally tape covering these holes but the installation requires you to remove it to put the bolt in there. Needless to say I fail. Anywho, I need assistance! I've shaved off quite a bit of knuckle skin trying to reach in there and grab it out with no luck, and now its completely of finger reach :/ Anybody know a way to possibly get this thing out? It's like trying to get a "Z" out of a tiny rectangle...

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
like this one. The end has a light so you can see right where the tip is going. works great. used one very close to this one a lot during my dual CP3 install.

OP
OP
To3z

To3z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Ram 1500 Lone Star 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure if you meant to post a link?... The only thing is though, even with a light I still wont physically be able to see in there because its in such a weird spot. I really appreciate the help and congrats on winning TOTM :)

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Not sure if you meant to post a link?... The only thing is though, even with a light I still wont physically be able to see in there because its in such a weird spot. I really appreciate the help and congrats on winning TOTM :)

lol sorry, yeah I did. The light wont help too much this time but you dont know whats going to happen next time. Im sure most auto parts stores will have a "magnetic retriever tool" like this on

The Best-Of-Both-Worlds Pickup Tool | Toolmonger

And Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye