Help...2017 Ram HID conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrewskyRam17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I just bought a brand-new 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad cab with the H11 low beam (4 beam total/not projector) headlamps, & ordered a standard H11 Xentec HID kit...after reading, I heard because of the cam-bus system I needed the resistors for the anti-flicker, cancel warning for them to work. I have now ordered those...is there anything else I am missing? I have installed HID's in every car I have ever owned, and this is the 1st I've heard of with issues on the Ram...just want to be sure I have everything required for them to work before I start.

Thanks!

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, so I just bought a brand-new 2017 Ram 1500 Big Horn Quad cab with the H11 low beam (4 beam total/not projector) headlamps, & ordered a standard H11 Xentec HID kit...after reading, I heard because of the cam-bus system I needed the resistors for the anti-flicker, cancel warning for them to work. I have now ordered those...is there anything else I am missing? I have installed HID's in every car I have ever owned, and this is the 1st I've heard of with issues on the Ram...just want to be sure I have everything required for them to work before I start.

Thanks!

I highly recommend you get another HID kit.
Look up YouTube videos of xentec hids flickering.
They are really bad HIDs. The hids I have are 55 watt canbus HIDs thatll work for any 09-14 Ram but the 15-17 Rams need the 4 resistor, anti-flicker dual relay harness to make them work properly.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah i agree, these trucks are so finicky with lighting. Id return the kit and search for a kit that specifically states its for the truck. Take a look at retroshop.us for example. Designed for the truck, great product and even better service.

Dmopar74

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The ddm canbus plus kit works flawlessly in my 16

OP
OP
B

BrewskyRam17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I installed the LED fogs with the warning canceling capacitors & purchased the cancelers for the headlights and the relay...when I used both or either one, I got the headlight out warning...removed them and just installed the Xentec (my favorite hid company I've always used) ballasts & 6k bulbs without the cancelers or relay, and PERFECT, No errors, warnings, or flickering....work perfectly! CRAZY! But so happy! (Btw the fog lights were 9006 not H10, there is a slight difference when trying to get them to lock in)

OP
OP
B

BrewskyRam17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well, this morning on the way to Work, they flickered one about 4-5 min into my drive, and turned off about 10-12min into my drive....had to click over from auto to manual on the headlights and were fine for about 30min, getting off the exit they turned off again, and I did the same thing again....(no error messages or lheadliggt out messages though) I ordered the correct HID H11 kit like everyone suggested and just waiting for it to come in lol! Thanks for the help on this, I had to learn the hard way.