Help me decide on running boards/nerf bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sportman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I still love my Westin HDX running boards with drop steps. Only problem is that I sometimes forget they're there. My shins don't like them so much

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
That's a nice looking ride joeygster!

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
How'd those steps hold up buddy? Got a 17 silver sport on the go here and a 4" lift. Gonna grab these steps as well.. Kids can barely get in the laramie now with a 2inch level.. Lol.. What kind of lift did u go with?

OP
OP
joeygster

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
How'd those steps hold up buddy? Got a 17 silver sport on the go here and a 4" lift. Gonna grab these steps as well.. Kids can barely get in the laramie now with a 2inch level.. Lol.. What kind of lift did u go with?

Mine have done very well through one winter. I got the Ram rustproofed with Corrosion Free so the steps got a coating on them....so that may have helped.

I'm running the 4" Superlift.

rabbitreborn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I did the Magnum RT steps and while I agree that they did fade from the fresh black to a somewhat dull black, I liked the fit and the fact I could install lights in the steps. With 3 small children, I wanted something that had a lighted step for them because we live in a rural area with few lights around. I do like the look of the Westin steps you have on there, but for the price and the lighted option, the RT Magnums can't be beat.

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
You running the bilsteins at stock height in the front? Im getting the 4" bds with bilstiens up front and will have them stock height.. Like the stance of your truck bud. Ill be towing and want a little rake. If you dont mind, what is the height from bottom of step to ground? The hdx extreme look like they might not sit as low.. Im torn between the 2.. They sure look nice though..

clays laramie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Mine have done very well through one winter. I got the Ram rustproofed with Corrosion Free so the steps got a coating on them....so that may have helped.

I'm running the 4" Superlift.

How do you like the superlift? Its cheaper than the bds and comes with bilsteins all around..??

Alfonso713v

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
can someone help me out here? do the MOPAR 82211496AE fit my 2016 ram 1500 crew cab? I'm only seeing that it fits 2010 only

cpotts13

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 1500 Laramie
Engine
5.7 Hemi
To piggy back off an old thread... I really like the steps in the first picture but can't seem to find them... any help??

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk