Hid/Led HELP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2015 Ram 1500 Express Crew Cab ( yes i know my username says 2500) I attempted to put hids in the headlight, i drilled through the center cap as instructed, i made sure the rubber gasket was a tight seal then i sealed it with silicone to prevent any moisture to get it. Well Moisture got in and i have a condensation issue. I bought new headlights, i had the chrome ones but hated the look on the grey truck so i went to mopar and bought a pair of the black ones (non Projector). and want to put the Hid/Led headlights in put dont want to drill through the center cap again and have the risk of moisture. Does anyone know of another way?

Please Help.

Attachments

• IMG_3509.jpg
    IMG_3509.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 80

adurm

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RCSB
Engine
You need to make sure the vents aren't pushed in all the way. Little gray knobs I think. But I think with the screw on back pieces your only option is to cut the hole. If you still get moisture, get some silica packs and tape them inside.

OP
OP
RamHemi2500

RamHemi2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 ram 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You need to make sure the vents aren't pushed in all the way. Little gray knobs I think. But I think with the screw on back pieces your only option is to cut the hole. If you still get moisture, get some silica packs and tape them inside.

Thanks. I'll check the vents tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Depending on your setup, you can cram it all inside the light. I've fit ballasts and canbus adapters, and igniters in there.

It's not the recommended way though.

The best way is still too drill through the back cap. As others said, you definitely want to make sure those events are not pushed in all the way.

You want to find out where exactly the leak is and get that cleared up as well. Then you want to make sure you dry out the inside of those lamps.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

15RamEXP

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Where did you get your HID kit from? I tried to PUT HID in previously and had nothing but issues with the Kit I got.

grozier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Get some gel silica packets and throw inside headlight. Might help with moisture

2015 ram sport 4x4