Hid lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trevorhall__

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey has anyone installed HID kit in the 2017 Dodge Ram sport with projector headlights? If so did you have any problems with flickering or error messages?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16laramie4wd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Enlight hid kit on 16 with projectors.... cree led bulbs from opt7 for fogs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
T

trevorhall__

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you happen to have a link to this kit?

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I installed the 35 watt 5500K HID kit from The Retrofit Source, and they really work great and brighter than any led. They sell a kit that is designed for our 2015+ trucks. You will want the kit with the 9005 Bulbs.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/vehicle-specific/trucks/2015-mopar-morimoto-elite.html
Check out the before and after photos. Stock Lights, HID low and HID high, and the last one is HID low beam with Diode Dynamics XML2 led fogs. With the projector lights you only need to replace the low beam bulbs. The shutter will do the rest for you. :favorites13:

Attachments

• Stock Lights.jpg
    Stock Lights.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 54
  • Hid low beam.jpg
    Hid low beam.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 59
  • Hid high beam.jpg
    Hid high beam.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 63
  • Hid low and XML2 Led fog.jpg
    Hid low and XML2 Led fog.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
OP
OP
T

trevorhall__

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's the kit I was loooking at, but no one had good pictures to see. Yours are good! How do you like it? Have you had any issues with error messages or flickering?

OP
OP
T

trevorhall__

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Also did you do a fog light up grade? I know I can't put HIDS in but led?

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah that's the kit I was loooking at, but no one had good pictures to see. Yours are good! How do you like it? Have you had any issues with error messages or flickering?

No sir, no issues with flicker or light out messages. The TRS kit comes complete with modules, relays, and resistors.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here are a couple of photos where I mounted the load resistors, and the modified light housing cover.

Attachments

• Right Resistors.jpg
    Right Resistors.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 59
  • Headlight Back.jpg
    Headlight Back.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 61

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I installed the 35 watt 5500K HID kit from The Retrofit Source, and they really work great and brighter than any led. They sell a kit that is designed for our 2015+ trucks. You will want the kit with the 9005 Bulbs.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/vehicle-specific/trucks/2015-mopar-morimoto-elite.html
Check out the before and after photos. Stock Lights, HID low and HID high, and the last one is HID low beam with Diode Dynamics XML2 led fogs. With the projector lights you only need to replace the low beam bulbs. The shutter will do the rest for you. :favorites13:
That a great HID cut off pattern. Mine needs adjustments.

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That's a bummer, Hopefully it will be a quick adjustment.
I have the same cut off pattern on the 16 Rebel and 17 Sport.
Your bulb wires are 6 o clock? Thats why mine aren't sharp.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Hey has anyone installed HID kit in the 2017 Dodge Ram sport with projector headlights? If so did you have any problems with flickering or error messages?

2016 Laramie installed 55 watt in the projector headlights and 35 watt in the fog lights H I D what a difference love it cost a little but worth it.got them from GTR lighting on line they are plug and play direct no wiring with stupid relays and all the other crap just plug them in and your good and no messages from them on the dash they are made just for the electrical on your ram trust me they work great:Caffeine:Also the parts and bulbs are warrantied for life free replacement they just send you new stuff can beat it any part goes they replace it free

PumpkinStealer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the morimoto mopar elite 15+ kit and enjoy it but have had nothing but problems. Had a ballast go bad but it was replaced for free. I also have had a bulb out warning since I got them and they tried replacing the resistor but it didn't work.

They told me they didn't have a fix and that was it. Now that winter is over I'm trying again and they at least seem to be trying harder this time to help fix it.

To anyone with them, where did you place the ground wire at? Existing ground or new screw into metal?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
To anyone with them, where did you place the ground wire at? Existing ground or new screw into metal?
Since the discovery of the AlfaOBD software, which lets you change the low beam BCM setting to HID, everybody’s been placing the ground wires in the garbage (along with the resistors and relay harness). No more rats nest wiring, bad resistors, or bulb out warnings.

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2016 Laramie installed 55 watt in the projector headlights and 35 watt in the fog lights H I D what a difference love it cost a little but worth it.got them from GTR lighting on line they are plug and play direct no wiring with stupid relays and all the other crap just plug them in and your good and no messages from them on the dash they are made just for the electrical on your ram trust me they work great:Caffeine:Also the parts and bulbs are warrantied for life free replacement they just send you new stuff can beat it any part goes they replace it free
That makes me happy! I ordered the 55 GRT smart Kit mid March. Unfortunately due to Headlight revolution moving states and some stocking issues, I’m still waiting for them to be shipped. 41 days to be exact..
I’m getting a taste of what you XB headlight guys went through. Sucks!

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That makes me happy! I ordered the 55 GRT smart Kit mid March. Unfortunately due to Headlight revolution moving states and some stocking issues, I’m still waiting for them to be shipped. 41 days to be exact..
I’m getting a taste of what you XB headlight guys went through. Sucks!

WOW didn't know they moved got a email from them but I didn't read it got my stuff for Christmas so really no contact with them but after install they mailed:Caffeine: a new ballast with problem in 3 days to me. well hang in their they seem like good guys if you email them from their web site they are fast to get back to you