HID Projectors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ms8091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Guys, I need a little help. I am trying to make a decision what to do about new headlights. My stockers suck, as many of you know from experience. My dilemma is this. First, I know I can buy the setup from Jeremy, but am having a hard time hitting the paypal button for that much money. The other is what other options are out there that actually work. It's not worth it to spend less money of you end up with junk. Have any of you done a full retro yourself? How time consuming is it? Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I started a set before Christmas and still haven't gotten to finishing it
Depends on how in depth you get
I'm doing a dual color shroud and it got too cold to spray the clear coat on them so I have been waiting

If your staying with chrome or going all black it's not to bad of a job

OP
OP
ms8091

ms8091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
What about brands. Obviously there are a million different kits, which ones should I avoid and which are good (full retros)?

Asur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I have done my own retrofit on my 2012, I bought a set of clear headlights off ebay and opened them up, installed D2S morimoto projectors in them, and installed LED turn signals. I will be revamping them this summer. You need to know what your doing, you need to have the tools to do the job, you need to know wiring, if any of this scares you, get JJ to do them for you, you have a 30-40k truck, get yourself a good set of lights you will use the rest of the life your truck will provide you.

if you have questions let me know, also check out theretrofitsourve, lots of info there, this is where I bought my parts, Zack can answer lots of your questions if you have any, also PM me if you want, I might have some answers for you.

Not great pics, but here's my set:

IMG-20131223-00070_zpsc25879ed.jpg

IMG-20140112-00127_zps8e5631ed.jpg

There not great pics, I can get some better ones if you need.

OP
OP
ms8091

ms8091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I'm good with wiring and the mechanics of it in general. The trouble is time and money. What setup did you use for the flickering and interference problems I keep reading about?

Asur

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7l
I run a wire harness made for the year and model of truck, the HID kit is from retrosolutions, and the bulbs and projectors are from theretrofitsource. You can do these in a weekend, bake, open, drill, install, alignment, re-seal, install and wiring. As long as you have everything you need prior to starting the project. do some reading on tricks you can find to help get it done.

Stangshcky12

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Retrofit source and retro shop both sell a mopar specific wiring harness

OP
OP
ms8091

ms8091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
I am waiting for a response from Jeremy, looks like I am going to order a set. The wait time is going to kill me though. I hate waiting!

wolfpackfan33

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was in your same spot bud. Tough to part with that much cash. I ordered a set of HID retrofitted projector duals from JJ and got them in this weekend. It was definitely worth the money. I was scared to order from somewhere else and have a crappy product. I did not have the time or money to do it myself, so I went with JJ.

Over time I have learned that you get what you pay for. With a 30-40K truck. Hit that paypal button and go with JJ. Trust me you wont be disappointed.

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
trying to place OP to a name!

Let me know what we can do for ya bud! Even if you decide to crack 'em yourself, we have all the parts for this and can get you the right stuff for your truck

OP
OP
ms8091

ms8091

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
trying to place OP to a name!

Let me know what we can do for ya bud! Even if you decide to crack 'em yourself, we have all the parts for this and can get you the right stuff for your truck

JJ, this is Mike. I ordered the set of chrome w/Gatling 2.0 for the 2012. So, after thinking about it, I decided it was much better to leave this to the professionals.

Thanks again.