HID VS LED in OEM projector headlights???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Pupi305

Pupi305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What did you do or what are you gonna do to keep the bulb out message coming on the dash? I thought LEDsand HIDs made this come on? Also where did you get your leds? Link...... Are they bright?

I paid $55 for a set of 50W in a local store here... they are bright just hate the yellow headlights... have to order the HID's from Jeremy.

OP
OP
Pupi305

Pupi305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an update I receive my lights from Jeremy on Monday!!! Can't wait to put those bad boys on!

OP
OP
Pupi305

Pupi305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an update I received my lights about 30 minutes ago If I didn't have this damn kidney stone I would have installed them.

Kgibson1315

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I recently had my factory projector housings color matched to my truck. Does anyone know if the paint will withstand the heat from the hids?

OP
OP
Pupi305

Pupi305

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry I haven’t updated you guys however, I finally installed my HID’s about three months ago and what a difference! I would like to adjust the headlamps up but not going to do so until I do the leveling kit because I think that would do the trick. Overall I am super happy with the light and amazingly clean install!

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I put HID for my low beams. Ram projector headlights.

I was ready to put HID's in the FOG's and High's.

Thinking HID may not be the optimal solution in the high beams. As, it takes the light a few to reach full bright. Flashing the highs may put un-do stress on the units, cycling off-on-off. My truck controls the highs, turning them on and off as needed. In any event, the highs will see much more cycling then the lows in any application.

So, I'm thinking LED or high end Incandescent for the high beams.

mikericci

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good call on skipping HIDs for high beams. Mine are not very bright when cold, so flashing high beams wouldn’t work so well.

The low beams also have a shutter that opens up when switching to high beam, giving the full brightness of the HIDs.

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I put HID for my low beams. Ram projector headlights.

I was ready to put HID's in the FOG's and High's.

Thinking HID may not be the optimal solution in the high beams. As, it takes the light a few to reach full bright. Flashing the highs may put un-do stress on the units, cycling off-on-off. My truck controls the highs, turning them on and off as needed. In any event, the highs will see much more cycling then the lows in any application.

So, I'm thinking LED or high end Incandescent for the high beams.

Definitely are stuck with halogen for high beams. But when the shield drops in the projector you’ll never even notice you even have the halogens.

I guess at the same time it wouldn’t matter about the warm up time because your projectors act as high beams too and will just be twice the brightness when the highs heat up (perhaps too bright. My hid projectors already glare off signs.)
635cca22b63186d55b858fb7821938df.jpg

Zoom in on that photo and you can see the lights are even shining off the tree line way up in the distance. Pictures do not do it justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DaKing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Hold on.. Are you guys saying that when you go "High Beam", that both the low and high are fired at the same time? And there is a "Shutter" in the projector?

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hold on.. Are you guys saying that when you go "High Beam", that both the low and high are fired at the same time? And there is a "Shutter" in the projector?

Indeed 12cb0b59ba0c6a8e2689510fe5af02e8.jpg724991f2a9449ca0cd9bb391fef56254.jpg

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Imagine if you realy the hi’s with low’s and hve all 6 lights firing [emoji15][emoji15][emoji15]

The highs and lows do stay on together. When the high beams are activated the shield in the low beams drops and they act as high beams along with the separate high beam bulbs. The only thing you’d have to relay together would be the fogs. But that won’t give you any amount of light output except for the area right in front of the bumper

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963