High beam flicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low2HighRise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Installed my hid kit that came with a relay. Only the driver side bulb flickers when the high beam is on. That is the same side that I plugged the clip from the relay to the factory bulb clip. The passenger side doesn't even change from low to high. Any suggestions?

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
Any info on the kit? Pics of the harness?

OP
OP
Low2HighRise

Low2HighRise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went through these guys, but you wont be able to find any installation intructions or pictures of the kit.

XHS xenon conversion HID kit

I turned on my brights and got out the truck and looked at the bulb in the housing. I thought it was flickering but the bulb is jumping in and out, like it wants to switch from high to low. Passenger side doesnt even switch from low to high. I would take pics if i could but its hard to even tell what anything is because of where i mounted everything.

Everything on the kit was plug and play i just dont get why there is only one plug coming off the harness/relay that can tie into your factory headlight plug. It makes sense that only the driver side bulb is doing anything.

Last edited:

Vendor
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie Sport Crew, 2019 1500 Big Horn Sport Crew & 2016 Charger SRT Hellcat
Engine
2x 5.7L & 6.2L
the computer is confused. You hit the highs, there is no "bulb" there, so it flips out. It goes into high, computer says "WTF" and it goes back to low. Cycle this 3x per second......

The harness they provided is junk. Sorry.....just is.........

I'm assuming you have the H13 setup, which would require resistors and a capacitor to work......none of which are probably in your harness.

OP
OP
Low2HighRise

Low2HighRise

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nope, Ohhh well my low beams are bright enough. Don't really need brights, since the high and low beam are both off the same bulb. Wouldn't the bulb burn out prematurely if they are being switched from high to Low frequently?