Hood insulation?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RagingCrayon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your Mom
What is the point of it anyone know? I can see in the winter keeping the engine bay warmer but not in the summer. When I open the hood to my 6.4 2500 in the summer that thing acts like a giant heating blanket. I dont see how that could benefit anything. Does it protect the hood or paint from heat? Any ideas?

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
It also quiets the engine noise. I had mine off for a week or so and the noise the motor was making was noticeably louder while in drive thru and such.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I took it off my 97 and regretted it when the tape for the plastic hood scoops melted off...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Probably shouldn't have told us that you had fake tape on scoops lol. I almost pulled mine when the plastic clips pulled through it and it was laying on my motor.

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Probably shouldn't have told us that you had fake tape on scoops lol. I almost pulled mine when the plastic clips pulled through it and it was laying on my motor.

That's why I pulled mine. And it's my girlfriends truck. Previous owner installed them. Not our decision. They did look good though. I remember going down I95 watching it flop...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marciel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Yeah first rip down the fire road on new coilovers and my hood insulation couldn't hang.