Hood looks like it's ready to fly off...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXPudge1868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've noticed on my drives back and forth from Lubbock to Dallas that my hood looks like it is about to come loose and fly off at certain times. I tried searching to see if anyone else had this problem but didn't find anything. It's hard to explain, but if I'm going over 80, pass an 18 wheeler and get hit with a major side draft, or even have a strong head wind, the hood itself starts to rise up about an inch for a few seconds and then drops back down to its normal

I've never had this happen in the previous 2 vehicles I've owned, so I was wondering what y'all thought about this strange occurrence and what I should do about it.

Thanks!

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I know when air drying blowers at the car wash go over the hood, it seems to flex a bunch. The hoods on these trucks are aluminum.
I bet your going to get a few that will chime in to not drive that fast...lol

OP
OP
TXPudge1868

TXPudge1868

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know when air drying blowers at the car wash go over the hood, it seems to flex a bunch. The hoods on these trucks are aluminum.
I bet your going to get a few that will chime in to not drive that fast...lol

Lol I figured I would. The speed limit is 75 and there's never any traffic on the backroad highways out in West Texas.

Driving faster may induce downfotce on it??
Take her to 100+

I'll take this advice when I drive back next time to see if you've got a point :rofl:

reddevil78

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 he I
I have the same problem I noticed it only after I lifted the truck.

BigTrout

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah I've noticed it as well w my truck especially after a 2k mi drive from Fl to WV. Seems odd for an aluminum hood to noticeably vibrate over the firewall where it's bolted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio