How to re-calibrate speedo after tire change??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinnacleplumbing1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey guys... i switched to 33x12.5x20 tires ...the speedo is reading 3mph faster than gps...I was wondering if the dealers will do the recalibration or do I have to spend big dough on a programmer... let me know what I should do... also im not interested in tuning the truck until I'm out of warranty and I currently have 2k on the truck so it will be a while... thanks for any advice !

jasonw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
The dealers used to be able to do it, not sure if they can on the newer trucks. It may depend on the dealer too; even if it is possible, some will not want to do it since thats not a factory tire size.

PDXRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I put 35x12.5x18 on my truck and the dealer re-calibrated my speedo for $100. Not really sure if it was worth it or not haha

Sent from Overseas using Tapatalk Pro

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well here is another way to think of a recals value......The total miles on the trk when you trade or sell will be higher than actual..Figure out the milages and punch it into kelly blue book at actual and at the off mileage and see what the value diff is..

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Well here is another way to think of a recals value......The total miles on the trk when you trade or sell will be higher than actual..Figure out the milages and punch it into kelly blue book at actual and at the off mileage and see what the value diff is..

Ahhhhh yes, the reason I do not buy used. Nighty night bye bye.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
i also have a wrangler and many guys buy a Pro cal re calibrator. i believe they make one for ram. the cost is a little more than a having a flash done done by the dealer but you own the tool.

maxtor182

Reaction score
$100 at the dealer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
If nothing else the Rebel comes with 285/70s so I would think they could set it up to that and you would be real close.

OP
OP
Pinnacleplumbing1

Pinnacleplumbing1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for the replies... I may just buy the hypertech speedometer programmer...if the dealer is $100 and the programmer is roughly $200 ... I guess I'll spend the extra $100 and have the tool for the next set of tires. Thanks guys!