I got Screwed :O

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Yes it is true I got screwed and never noticed it :O Had a very slow leak in my rear Tire for the past 2 weeks! :eek: The other day while gassing up I see a shiny head of a screw ! :O Had new snow put on a couple days later and looked at the inside of the tire, amazing how a 2 1/2 screw can go straight in lol Made a great plug! Got it on my vacation drive :O I am sure I am not the only one ever screwed lol Have a Happy New Year:favorites13:

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
That sucks, but I've had it happen too. I agree it's is amazing how a tire can pick up a screw like that

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Heh, you just reminded me that i have a screw in one of my tires right now, its been there for a month at least and no slow leak lol

Birddog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Bright White 3500 Laramie 4X4 Long Bed
Engine
6.7 Cummins TD, 3.73
I had a slow leak and found a screw so I plugged it with a kit. 3 days later I noticed that the opposite side air was low picked up another screw. What luck.

Worst thing I ever picked up in a tire... I was driving down the road and kept hearing this thumping. Almost like I was running over lane markers but I wasn't. I pulled over and it was a spark plug!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRed4x4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yep, I noticed I had picked up a screw so I took it to get plugged and the tire shop found another, in the same tire. Pretty sure I picked but up at the automatic car wash. The turn around area there was usually full of sticks, leaves, debris, etc. I mentioned it to the clerk working and a few days later it was cleaned up.

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Had new tires for a week on my 14 and ran a screw in it. It was close to the shoulder so I knew they wouldn't patch it. I plugged it and ran it for a year.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I picked up a large bolt once. It didn't leak so I figured I can make the rest of my trip around town since pressure wasn't dropping.

Turns out it was a banjo bolt. It didn't take long for the head to wear down enough to expose the brake fluid channel in it. Lost my air pretty quick.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rado

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
Amazing on what we pick up in our tires and still drive

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Bought my truck on a Friday night (used) drove 100 miles or so out of town. Noticed my tire was low, put air in it. When I got home, it was low again. Put air in it again, didn't see anything. I decided to detail the truck since the dealer did a terrible job and noticed soapy bubbles when cleaning my passenger front wheel. I had a flat head screw driver bit stuck in my air. Plugged it myself and all has been well. I would have gone back to the dealer but no telling if I picked it up on my trip or not.