I think RAM missed up maybe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BADHEMI1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 HEMI
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Hello,

2011 RAM 1500 sport crew cab. Purchased the truck brand new and I've always noticed that the bed of the truck looks lower on the passenger side on level ground. So if your standing behind the truck you can notice a difference. I always wondered why it looked like that. Here's what I found today!

Rear Left spring part # 68042802AB
Spring code is - ZAS,ZNS

Rear Right spring part# 68042801AB
Spring code is -ZBS,ZPS

Not sure what happened at the factory but looks like someone screwed up when installing the rear coil springs. Has anyone else experienced this? My truck is out of warranty now for a few years but I feel like Chrysler should fix this for free. Checked part numbers on Moparonlineparts.com and I pulled the part numbers off each spring tag. Does anyone know how to look up the spring codes? I would like to see the difference. Thank You! :favorites13:

ramd

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wow that's crazy. I haven't heard of that before. You can try the dealer they should be able to tell you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

BADHEMI1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 HEMI
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Yea it is. I had to do a double take when I noticed it. Im going to try the dealer.

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Probably different spring rates for single cab vs qc/cc. Not sure how to find out though.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

savage_46

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 swapped
Probably different spring rates for single cab vs qc/cc. Not sure how to find out though.

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

I'd be leaning (pardon the pun) towards fuel tank & driver weight both on left side. Donno why op right side would be constantly sitting lower. Maybe the rears got mixed up at the factory?

Tpearson515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hello,

2011 RAM 1500 sport crew cab. Purchased the truck brand new and I've always noticed that the bed of the truck looks lower on the passenger side on level ground. So if your standing behind the truck you can notice a difference. I always wondered why it looked like that. Here's what I found today!

Rear Left spring part # 68042802AB
Spring code is - ZAS,ZNS

Rear Right spring part# 68042801AB
Spring code is -ZBS,ZPS

Not sure what happened at the factory but looks like someone screwed up when installing the rear coil springs. Has anyone else experienced this? My truck is out of warranty now for a few years but I feel like Chrysler should fix this for free. Checked part numbers on Moparonlineparts.com and I pulled the part numbers off each spring tag. Does anyone know how to look up the spring codes? I would like to see the difference. Thank You! :favorites13:

How far is it off?, I notice mine is off also I measured it the other day and it's about 1/2 an inch off.

VB712

Maxi_built
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine is lower on the driver side rear compared to the passenger rear.

trip1027

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Stock Springs are trash anyways. Just upgrade them.. I switched mine to a ssc50

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk