Install: Opt-7 FluxBeam-X 6000k LED Low Beams **UPDATED WITH NIGHT PICTURES**

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02blkram47

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram 1500 Limited
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'm actually selling these headlight housings to get a set of 13+ OEM projectors and I was hoping to use these bulbs in the projectors but I guess not :-(

Sent from hell via TapATalk[/QUOTE]

I'm a bit confused.. you just have a glowing report of how great these bulbs are and now you're selling them, why?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm actually selling these headlight housings to get a set of 13+ OEM projectors and I was hoping to use these bulbs in the projectors but I guess not :-(

Sent from hell via TapATalk

I'm a bit confused.. you just have a glowing report of how great these bulbs are and now you're selling them, why?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I bought the custom built quads... while they were being shipped to me I ordered these bulbs. Then i installed the quads. After I installed the quads i decided I want to go with the 13+ OEM projectors. Nothing wrong with the headlights, just want to go a different style. I had these bulbs sitting around and actually put them up for sale. But I decided it would be easier to just install them in the quads and sell the quads with them installed. I figured it might help with the sale of the quads if these bulbs were in them.

Yes the bulbs are amazing. I love them. Doesn't mean I don't want to go a different route visually with the headlights. I want to go 13+ projector with a Morimoto HID kit.

Dubstep Shep

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
5.7L Hemi
If these fit in the projector housing I might try them out, but as I understand it they don't.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
If these fit in the projector housing I might try them out, but as I understand it they don't.
Yea I heard they don't fit in the projectors.... bummer. I was hoping they did as I plan to get the projectors and I liked these lights. If an entire Morimoto HID kit can fit inside the projectors I don't understand how these cant fit.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, they definitely do not fit underneath the dust cap on the oem projectors. I tried it and it was not even close.

USMC_Ram909

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The output looks great I need to get a set of those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah, they definitely do not fit underneath the dust cap on the oem projectors. I tried it and it was not even close.
That's really weird because I just came across a YouTube video of a guy who installed these exact same bulbs into his oem projectors and he got the dust caps back on. He said it was a tight fit but they went back on. I commented on his video asking for pictures to be emailed to me so I don't know if I'll ever get them but we shall see.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/8DvhYQv95to
The output looks great I need to get a set of those

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea they were well worth the $110, even more so because I only paid $73 for mine brand new from opt-7.com lol. These bulbs are super nice.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's really weird because I just came across a YouTube video of a guy who installed these exact same bulbs into his oem projectors and he got the dust caps back on. He said it was a tight fit but they went back on. I commented on his video asking for pictures to be emailed to me so I don't know if I'll ever get them but we shall see.

Here is the video:

https://youtu.be/8DvhYQv95to

Yea they were well worth the $110, even more so because I only paid $73 for mine brand new from opt-7.com lol. These bulbs are super nice.

Yeah, that is weird. I had a set of the Opt7 Fluxbeam LED and tried to put them in my lows in my 2014 Sport oem projectors and there was no way I was getting that dust cover on right. Now, I have a 2016 Rebel and on the Rebel forums, i see people putting the Opt7 Fluxbeam LEDs in and supposedly getting the dust cover back on. I'm sooooo confused. Did something change between 2014-2016????

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Yeah, that is weird. I had a set of the Opt7 Fluxbeam LED and tried to put them in my lows in my 2014 Sport oem projectors and there was no way I was getting that dust cover on right. Now, I have a 2016 Rebel and on the Rebel forums, i see people putting the Opt7 Fluxbeam LEDs in and supposedly getting the dust cover back on. I'm sooooo confused. Did something change between 2014-2016????
No, Opt7 released the 2nd Generation of the fluxbeam bulbs. There are 2 of them now. The 1st Gen, older bulb. The FluxBeam LED. Then there is the 2nd Gen, new bulbs that just came out. The FluxBeam-X LED bulbs. Notice the X at the end. They are smaller and have been fitting into lights that the Original FluxBeam bulbs did not fit into. They are newer technology, have Arc-Beam, put out more lumens, have a better fan that doesn't make any noise at all and are just an all around way better bulb then the 1st Gen FluxBeam.

I already ordered a set of TYC projectors. They will be here tuesday. Once I get paid again on the 31st I'm ordering the adapter harness and 2 sets of the FluxBeam-X bulbs. Low beams and Fogs. I'll let you know if the FluxBeam-X version fit into the oem projectors.

Reactions: jbr

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, Opt7 released the 2nd Generation of the fluxbeam bulbs. There are 2 of them now. The 1st Gen, older bulb. The FluxBeam LED. Then there is the 2nd Gen, new bulbs that just came out. The FluxBeam-X LED bulbs. Notice the X at the end. They are smaller and have been fitting into lights that the Original FluxBeam bulbs did not fit into. They are newer technology, have Arc-Beam, put out more lumens, have a better fan that doesn't make any noise at all and are just an all around way better bulb then the 1st Gen FluxBeam.

I already ordered a set of TYC projectors. They will be here tuesday. Once I get paid again on the 31st I'm ordering the adapter harness and 2 sets of the FluxBeam-X bulbs. Low beams and Fogs. I'll let you know if the FluxBeam-X version fit into the oem projectors.

I'm not talking about the 2nd Gen they released back in November. I'm talking about the original ones. Guys have been installing them in the oem projectors on the Rebel forum since last year. They seem to have no problems getting the dust cap shut with them in the lows.

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I'm not talking about the 2nd Gen they released back in November. I'm talking about the original ones. Guys have been installing them in the oem projectors on the Rebel forum since last year. They seem to have no problems getting the dust cap shut with them in the lows.
Yea i dunno bout them. I have no experience but I've heard tons of people say they don't fit.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
I know that hid's fit in the projectors with no problems lol

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I know that hid's fit in the projectors with no problems lol
So I've heard lol... I'm gonna order the FluxBeam-X bulbs for my tyc's and if they don't fit I'll be returning them to Opt-7 and ordering a drop in kit from Jeremy at RetroShop until the spring time when I open the lights and retrofit the FX-R into them.

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry if I'm thread jacking you haha but, does anyone know if there is a dark spot using these in the projector headlights? I used xd leds for a week or so a while back and they had a terrible bark spot on both sides. I know hid lights are brighter but I have went through two sets of morimoto lights and the passenger side always prematurely fails so I'm not really going to use hids. I want to replace my halogens, I was thinking about trying the morimoto 2 stroke because I have never had bad experiences with morimoto leds. If anyone has any experience with these I would greatly appreciate your input.

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OnSale, did I read somewhere that you said the redesigned Fluxbeam X LEDs heatsink/fan is shorter (smaller) than the original Fluxbeam LEDs? If yed, then how do you know that?

Thanks!

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Sorry if I'm thread jacking you haha but, does anyone know if there is a dark spot using these in the projector headlights? I used xd leds for a week or so a while back and they had a terrible bark spot on both sides. I know hid lights are brighter but I have went through two sets of morimoto lights and the passenger side always prematurely fails so I'm not really going to use hids. I want to replace my halogens, I was thinking about trying the morimoto 2 stroke because I have never had bad experiences with morimoto leds. If anyone has any experience with these I would greatly appreciate your input.
I have tyc's in the mail right now aswell as a set of 9006 FluxBeam-X bulbs so I'll let you know if they fit.

If they don't, i'll be returning them and trying a set of the Morimoto's to see if they fit.
OnSale, did I read somewhere that you said the redesigned Fluxbeam X LEDs heatsink/fan is shorter (smaller) than the original Fluxbeam LEDs? If yed, then how do you know that?

Thanks!
Yes they are smaller. You can tell just by looking at the photos but also I saw a size chart somewhere and they are smaller.

monteholic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I have a set of the OPT7 fluxbeam X's ordered (their fog light bulbs too)

we'll see if I get them to fit into my '16 projectors

JExpress14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you guys ordering the 9005 size or 9006 to fit into the 9012 socket on the projectors?

OP
OP
OnSale

OnSale

5th Gen Crew
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Are you guys ordering the 9005 size or 9006 to fit into the 9012 socket on the projectors?
The 9006 bulb will fit into the 9012 housing without any modifications. The 9012 bulb will fit into a 9006 housing with minor trimming to the locking tabs

But to answer your question, yes I ordered the 9006 bulbs and they will plug right in and they will fit (the locking rings, not sure if the dust cap will close).

Last edited: