Installed new DDM Canbus HID kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Dodge Ram Black Express
Engine
Been debating what to go brand to go with. I think I research everything to death looking for reviews and always try to get the best price. These were $120 from DDM and are on sale now for $107 I believe.

Here's what all came with the set.

Pmw0Z4w.jpg

It took me about an hour and a half which seems pretty good. I'm not very mechanically incline and I was trying to be extra careful since I haven't taken my grill and stuff off before and I didn't want to ruin anything. I had planned on mounting everything behind the headlight but played with it enough and was able to fit everything in side, so that was pretty nice not having to do any of that.

I'll try and take a pic tonight and post if anyone wants, but you've all seen HID pics before. These take maybe 6 seconds to warm up completely, that's not a big deal to me. But they looked good. I think I'm gonna do the LED's for my fogs next.

I need to verify they're aimed correctly now though, but I'm very happy with this upgrade.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice job.. I've used DDM kits in the past without issue!

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always liked DDM kits. I am glad someone got the kit as ive been looking for an alternative to the one that is always mentioned on here. To me $175 is steep for a HID kit but people are paying it. Did you do the foglights also or just the headlights?

OP
OP
I

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I always liked DDM kits. I am glad someone got the kit as ive been looking for an alternative to the one that is always mentioned on here. To me $175 is steep for a HID kit but people are paying it. Did you do the foglights also or just the headlights?

I'm the type of person to always try and save a dollar if I can, that's why I went with DDM. I've used them before and have always heard positive reviews from other people. I know there had been issues with DDM and Rams recently but with the new Canbus coming out, I went for it. No check engine lights or anything.

But to answer your question, I'm just putting in some LED's in the fogs. $78 shipped and I'm sure they'll do the trick. I don't want to mess with mounting the ballast and stuff. I'll report back on how the fogs go.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Good to hear! I'm a big fan of DDM, lots of kits From them. I really want to try there new ultra kits that act like CDI bulbs.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Do you know if they offer a kit yet for the '15's?

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
How hard was the installation? I had one of their basic kits in my mustang.

OP
OP
I

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How hard was the installation? I had one of their basic kits in my mustang.

Not hard at all. I was able to cram everything in the headlight so there was no external mounting involved. All the connections are no brainers, each fit only where they should so there's no confusion of connecting wrong cables.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
Sweet, I am about to order a set. Now I just have to figure out why my fog lights don't work

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
Just be prepared that the orders ship right from china, so delivery is a full 3 weeks.

Crescent1101

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L ECODIESEL
I need an H13 for my 2007 right? Is that low beam only.

OP
OP
I

Iczer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Mine came from San Marcos, CA so It wasn't bad shipping time.

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
That's interesting... maybe new stuff like ultra and canbus they have some in the warehouse? All my orders from DDM came from china.

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
None of my orders from ddm ever came from China. I always had them within a week of ordering. Maybe it depends on what you order from them?

blackbetty14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 VVT/Etorque
I've only bought digital slim HID kits from them. I have three 35w kits, and three 55w kits plus a few packs of extra bulbs. Mine have always shipped From china.

lilzilla2008

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok I talked to them and they said the error eliminators will work also. I ordered both kits with error eliminators for $125 shipped

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Been debating what to go brand to go with. I think I research everything to death looking for reviews and always try to get the best price. These were $120 from DDM and are on sale now for $107 I believe.

Here's what all came with the set.

Pmw0Z4w.jpg

It took me about an hour and a half which seems pretty good. I'm not very mechanically incline and I was trying to be extra careful since I haven't taken my grill and stuff off before and I didn't want to ruin anything. I had planned on mounting everything behind the headlight but played with it enough and was able to fit everything in side, so that was pretty nice not having to do any of that.

I'll try and take a pic tonight and post if anyone wants, but you've all seen HID pics before. These take maybe 6 seconds to warm up completely, that's not a big deal to me. But they looked good. I think I'm gonna do the LED's for my fogs next.

I need to verify they're aimed correctly now though, but I'm very happy with this upgrade.

Nice kit!! Do you have quad headlights or factory projectors?