Installed new DDM Canbus HID kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SportyJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 RAM 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I no longer get an error message on the dash saying light out. Just went away one day.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

cyulukn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
The lows use a 9012. It will fit in a 9006 but it needs to be trimmed. I think I remember reading that a 9012 halogen was brighter than a 9006 bulb but I'm not 100% sure.
I just wanted to follow-up with you, Dirtbikekid1998, and see how the HID kits that you bought were holding up and if you had any issues or complaints. I ordered exactly what you have put in your truck and now I'm just playing the waiting game til they arrive.

I had a huge amount of issues trying to upgrade my '12 Chrysler 300 bulbs from their crappy HIR bulbs to HIDs because of all the CAN BUS issues. My last car (a R/T Charger) already had the HIDs from the factory so I was good there. I just picked up a '14 Ram Sport and, of course, the halogens are terrible for output so the first thing I jumped at was two sets of HIDs - One for the low beam headlights and the other for the fog lights. They gotta' match, right?? :)

Dirtbikekid1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500 Laramie Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine
hemi 5.7
I just wanted to follow-up with you, Dirtbikekid1998, and see how the HID kits that you bought were holding up and if you had any issues or complaints. I ordered exactly what you have put in your truck and now I'm just playing the waiting game til they arrive.

I had a huge amount of issues trying to upgrade my '12 Chrysler 300 bulbs from their crappy HIR bulbs to HIDs because of all the CAN BUS issues. My last car (a R/T Charger) already had the HIDs from the factory so I was good there. I just picked up a '14 Ram Sport and, of course, the halogens are terrible for output so the first thing I jumped at was two sets of HIDs - One for the low beam headlights and the other for the fog lights. They gotta' match, right?? :)

I have had no issues with my kit so far, always turn on super bright and they look so much better. Since u have a 2014 you should have no problem with a canbus hid kit, it is the 2015+ that have the major problems that's why they need there plus canbus kit, but the plus canbus kit will still work perfectly on a 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cyulukn

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I have had no issues with my kit so far, always turn on super bright and they look so much better. Since u have a 2014 you should have no problem with a canbus hid kit, it is the 2015+ that have the major problems that's why they need there plus canbus kit, but the plus canbus kit will still work perfectly on a 2014.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet, thanks! I appreciate your follow-ups. Some people would figure out how to get something to work and just vanish. I just figured I'd play it safe with this pesky CAN BUS and get those - Just have my fingers crossed!