Installed new DDM Canbus HID kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you go to web site DDM tuning you'll notice they have multiple shops in California, I have attached a small picture of my receipt. I got H1 kit cause I'm running after market projectors

Good luck fella, hope you get it next week. Mine on a ship in. The Chinese ocean currently lol.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got these in the mail today. Gonna try and see if these work like the ddm's.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 56

Dirtbikekid1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500 Laramie Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine
hemi 5.7
I e-mailed them a few months ago, they are not going to carry them. Not popular enough.

i emailed them also and they said the 9006 can be used for our rams. i looked it up and a 9006 will fit in a 9012 with a very small cut on the bulb.

i also ordered the 2015 ram 1500 ddm kit yesterday so i will post back my results after i install.

Crashno1

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 R/T
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i emailed them also and they said the 9006 can be used for our rams. i looked it up and a 9006 will fit in a 9012 with a very small cut on the bulb.

i also ordered the 2015 ram 1500 ddm kit yesterday so i will post back my results after i install.

There are way to many places to buy 9012 bulbs. No need to hack up a bulb to make it fit.

fitz011

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L
My second DDM kit. Installed lows (quad lights) in this 2500 6.7L. Used the CANBUS harness w/55W 4300K H11 bulb - all was good.

Went for the highs w/same setup - fail. Called DDM & got pretty much what I expected...no real help. So I ordered the $14.99 double relay kit. That along w/the CANBUS harness is a complete fail. No lights, ballast doesn't even get lukewarm, not even a flicker. Now, the only thing left is to go w/the standard harness along w/the double relay harness. Anyone of you guys get DDM brights to work?

Either that or I am stuck w/my yellow 9005 brights for highs.

A few notes from someone whose 1st set of DDM HIDs have lasted 5 yrs so far:
- they are the best deal currently price wise.
- You get NO instructions at all w/the product, so don't even look
- these HIDs will outlight LEDs.
- as mentioned, you have to get used to the 5-7 sec delay for warmup. Some inspection people won't go for that.
- prepare to adjust your lights especially when using 55W

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A few notes from someone whose 1st set of DDM HIDs have lasted 5 yrs so far:
- they are the best deal currently price wise.
- You get NO instructions at all w/the product, so don't even look
- these HIDs will outlight LEDs.
- as mentioned, you have to get used to the 5-7 sec delay for warmup. Some inspection people won't go for that.
- prepare to adjust your lights especially when using 55W

I can't say anything bad about ddm. I ran a 55w kit in my srt for years. One of the bulbs went out and ddm exchanged it no questions asked.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I can't say anything bad about ddm. I ran a 55w kit in my srt for years. One of the bulbs went out and ddm exchanged it no questions asked.
Is DDM related to OPT7? I ask since when I recently ordered anti flicker and harness from Opt7 the sellers merchant PayPal name was the same as the person I bought the DDM Plus canbus kit from. If so, then I'm happier as Opt7 have always been solid on their products.

Ram15hemiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
By Saturday, hopefully not as it won't probably be the hid plus canbus version , as they appear to ship from China direct and others from their warehouse in Cali.

I called DDM to find out if my order was being shipped from Cali or China and... China it is! Sucks cause I was hoping since I ordered over the phone with them they'd ship from a factory stateside... 7-10days... Next week Monday I hope!!

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I called DDM to find out if my order was being shipped from Cali or China and... China it is! Sucks cause I was hoping since I ordered over the phone with them they'd ship from a factory stateside... 7-10days... Next week Monday I hope!!
Mine entered New York on the 16th from China. Tracking says 25th Jan according to usps.
Originally ordered Jan 8th.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They did not work and I have a 15 with projectors. I had quads and then Spyders and now the TYC projectors. This was to try and take out the issue with led's but it was a fail. My hid's work with know problems but I'm running a relay harness.
I'm waiting to see if these ddm's really work on 15's with no need for a relay and resistors. I currently have 6 resistors per side and I just don't like having all that running through. It works but I'm trying to cut down on all the extras.
So if these ddm's work I'll purchase them and get rid of 4 resistors per side and I'm working on something over the next few days to see if I can eliminate all the resistors.
If it works I'll post what I did!!

Ram15hemiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Will do, I just install them in the vehicle when I receive them. Will do the projector swap later so that I can tell you and others if they are stable.

Did you get the DDM kit and did they work? Pictures?

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you get the DDM kit and did they work? Pictures?
Yes I got the DDM Plus Canbus kit. The wording of the model number is important. I've installed one side last night and doing the driver side today. Then will test fully, the one side turns on and seems fine but that's with the truck turned off.

Ram15hemiguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes I got the DDM Plus Canbus kit. The wording of the model number is important. I've installed one side last night and doing the driver side today. Then will test fully, the one side turns on and seems fine but that's with the truck turned off.

If you can please let me know how it works out and if you can get pictures up. Did you go with the 6500K?

Dirtbikekid1998

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 1500 Laramie Brilliant Black Crystal Pearl Coat
Engine
hemi 5.7
I bought 4500K, wanted all the lumens I could get. Lol

I ordered 4500k low/fogs and they are still over in china... i ordered them on the 19th, how long did it take for you to get them?

Keep us posted it would be nice to know if they work before i get them.