Iron Cross HD Steps

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Novy898

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I finally got around to installing my Iron Cross HD Steps today. The instructions are horrible but I was able to figure it out. I really like the look of the steps, but they do flex slightly when stepped on. I also have a bunch of rock chips showing up on bottom/front of the box and it looks like these steps which use a "rock rail" type channel should help keep the rocks off the areas of concern.

Attachments

• HDstep1.jpg
    HDstep1.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 607
  • HDstep2.jpg
    HDstep2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 292
  • HDstep3.jpg
    HDstep3.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 310
  • HDstep4.jpg
    HDstep4.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 1,177
  • HDstep5.jpg
    HDstep5.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 6,098

HemiRoar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
I like.

They add a more "muscular" to your truck.

mel5151

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Ram Laramie 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice steps. Didn.t know they made them. Now all you need is 35s and a level or lift!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Novy898, how are these steps holding up to the Minnesota winters?

They look great.

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Love mine. And yeah, the directions were just a bit off... I had to lay out all the brackets and compare them to the pictures very carefully, heh. But are awesome when installed. Only thing I don't like is the small 1" gap between the body and step... been meaning to mod mine to take out the gap, but been busy lately.

Oh, and Iron Cross bills themselves as the 'last American step builder'. Another selling point for me.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love mine. And yeah, the directions were just a bit off... I had to lay out all the brackets and compare them to the pictures very carefully, heh. But are awesome when installed. Only thing I don't like is the small 1" gap between the body and step... been meaning to mod mine to take out the gap, but been busy lately.

Oh, and Iron Cross bills themselves as the 'last American step builder'. Another selling point for me.

How would you mod that to reduce the gap. I'm getting those steps & would want to do the same thing.

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
I can decide if I like them Or not...... The step looks pretty wide. My friend ordered some also So I'll see in person if I like them... I put ici magnums on mine....

Road King

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
How would you mod that to reduce the gap. I'm getting those steps & would want to do the same thing.

Have to either raise the bracket (which means cutting out some meat of the bracket to clear the bottom of the truck, which I am not really a fan of) or modify the connection between the step and the bracket somehow (which might leave some of the bracket visible under the step)... haven't really had time to give it a good look and figure it out yet.

MattHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That adds sharpness to your truck, pretty good choice!

derag2

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 hemi
So I looked at my buddies... I like the main body of the bar better than ici it's more rigid but I don't care for the step much.... I like the ici magnum step better... Overall they look like a good alternative thou.