Jeep wheels on a Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So, after scrubbing the web for a RAM 1500 shod with Jeep Wrangler Sahara wheels and not finding any, I took the plunge and did it myself. Now presenting; 2016 RAM 1500 Tradesman with 18" Sahara wheels and Fierce Attitude tires. She looks good but I still plan on getting some 18" black wheels properly built for a RAM 1500 and not using 2" adapter spacers. Input? Oh, sorry for such small pics.

Attachments

• With Wrangler shoes1.jpg
    With Wrangler shoes1.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 566
  • With WRangler shoes2.jpg
    With WRangler shoes2.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 895

TRCM

USN, Retired
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Laramie CC 4x4
Engine
5.7 Hemi
How about a pic from the side, so we can REALLY see them..................

hockeyhead019

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar V6
gotta click the image link brotha lol

Looks real sharp! The spacers on the front look a little too much IMO but hey if you enjoy it then that's enough

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
looks good, but are they rated to carry the weight that ram wheels will?

OP
OP
SargeFirstClass

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I havent checked the ratings on the Jeep wheels. However they are only temporary till I can get a black 18" I like and still afford. I do want to stay with a 18" tire. These Fierce Attitudes are 275/65R18, not much taller than the stock Goodyears that came on the truck. I already had them and the Jeep wheels so............

Chill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Those might be the ugliest wheels I ever saw on a 4th gen. Get rid off of them ASAP.

OP
OP
SargeFirstClass

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good thing he didn't buy them for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are each entitled to an opinion, some are straight forward! LOL I dont like them much either but I did use them to get 18's on the truck with mud tires, all of which I already had on-hand. Believe me Im not leaving them on for long, now if I can only find some black 18's I can afford! That is the next major step..........

Chill72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We are each entitled to an opinion, some are straight forward! LOL I dont like them much either but I did use them to get 18's on the truck with mud tires, all of which I already had on-hand. Believe me Im not leaving them on for long, now if I can only find some black 18's I can afford! That is the next major step..........

I'm glad you can appreciate a little constructive criticism. Somebody above me said they look "real sharp"...that dude must be blind or have zero taste.

Luxuryram10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey man. I think it honestly look pretty decent for being jeep rims you would never know by just looking at it. And honestly I would run 1.5" spacers. Much cleaner look and less wear in the bearings.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
OPasked for opinions and got a couple. One is brutally honest which if you can't appreciate stay in your bubble. OP obviously can or he wouldn't have posted.
Props to trying something different, not a fan but always worth a shot. And nothing wrong with proper wheel spacers. Hub centric spacers torqued properly are nothing to worry about

JIMBOX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:) Heh Heh, it's your truck my friend, so you can do what you ****** well want to it--

Just be careful using any spacers/adapters and be sure to torque and recheck after a couple hundred miles-

I've used spacers/adapters for over 20 years /w no failure--torque to 110 ftlbs--no Loctite and recheck at 200 miles and EVERY ROTATION !

Having had many jeeps----the wheels look OK

Good luck

:crazy: JIMBO

Forcepro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
OPasked for opinions and got a couple. One is brutally honest which if you can't appreciate stay in your bubble. OP obviously can or he wouldn't have posted.
Props to trying something different, not a fan but always worth a shot. And nothing wrong with proper wheel spacers. Hub centric spacers torqued properly are nothing to worry about

No, it's just called being a **** on the internet, nothing constructive about it.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
Hahaha bunch of pansies!!! He asked for an opinion, "Input?"
OP took it like a champ why the rest of you crying? I'm sure there's one person who won't like someone's modification, if you don't want to get butt hurt stay in your safe space and don't ask for people's opinions. Simple.

OP
OP
SargeFirstClass

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are the Jeep wheels the same lug pattern as the Ram

Jeep wheels are 5x5, Ram hubs are 5x5.5 so I had to use spacer/adapters to make this work TEMPORARILY! I fully intend to find some 18x9 wheels I can afford and are 5x5.5 pattern. So far they drive ok. But honestly I dont really like the Jeep wheels too much, they will do for a SHORT while.

OP
OP
SargeFirstClass

SargeFirstClass

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for all your input, doesnt matter if it was positive or negative. But it did create some discussion for sure! I do not plan to rund the Jeep wheels and adapters very long, just for enough time to find a set of affordable 18x9 wheels with the correct Ram 1500 5x5.5 pattern. Hard to find wheels that fit that requirement that I can afford! Thanks again everybody. I think on a white truck the black wheel or a silver wheel would look good. Input?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01