Kanati Trail Hogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rrgemp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Diesel
What are your impressions of the tires now that you've put some mileage on them?

cmznj2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 crew 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I only have 15000 miles on mine but they seem to have very little wear. I starting getting vibrations so I rotated them and they got louder but vibration is gone. I’m really happy with rain, snow, mud performance. If you have a 1500 I’d recommend them if you have a 2500 they don’t seem to last

mpicc84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Wanted to bump this thread on my endeavor.

Found these on sale at www.walmart.com on a rollback sale for 147/ea. I promptly ordered 4 with a gaurenteed delivery date of 4 days later. By the end of that day I had an email saying they were delayed a day. No biggie right?

Get an email on the delayed delivery date that 3 have arrived, 4th tire is "in transit". Give it 2 days, check the order online, says their all there. Go to Walmart to pick them up, only 3.

Call Walmart causing a **** storm so they give me 10% back in "Goodwill" (60$). Now I'm in for these tires around 540$ total.

Fast forward to today, they can't find my 4th tire, Walmart.com is out of stock with no estimated restock date, I cause another ****storm and they send me 208$ back in "Goodwill". Tell me to take the 3 and re order the other one when it comes back online in stock. I'm in for these tires 332$ for 3. Just ordered the fourth from Amazon gaurenteed prime delivery for tomorrow for 200$.

Hell I'd be happy to get 20k out of these bad boys for 532$ a set! The troubles were not worth it, but man I got a deal.

Still going to try and nah that 4th tire if it ever arrives .

Fatbob Frank

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L
I'm really impressed with mine after 5,000 miles.
Great winter tire!
Gravel wear is minimal, but it does like to pick up stones in the center tread.
Slightly louder than new but not obnoxious.
Definitely a stiffer ride though.
My next set of tires I might go back to an 8 ply.
Still, best $700 I've ever spent on tires....

Bennyrok

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
Kanati.jpg Kanati1.jpg Kanati2.jpg BF Goodrich.jpg Hopefully this little bit of info helps out! I bought my kanati mud hogs over a year ago, I've put about 4000 miles on them highway, city, and small trails, and they almost look as good as the day I put them on. Drawbacks witch of course I don't mind" are they are loud, my gas millage sucks and at certain speeds, even though they were balanced give you a bit of shaking in the truck, usually around 55 to 60 mph anything over or under is just fine. I personally love them and will definitely buy another set when these finally go. I know you were talking about trail hogs, but they come from the same company, everybody asks me about them because they look so aggressive, for the money they seriously cant be beat. these tires are 37 x 20 on 10 x 20 deep dish rims. The tires I had on the truck before these were BF Goodrich they were 35 x 20 on the stock rims the cost 1,800.00 for the set of 4 and they wore down incredibly fast, I was shocked at how fast. here are the pics. first 3 pics are the mud hogs the 4th are the BF Goodrich after a few more mods " of course!! Good luck with your new tires. :)

Ersik

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I’m ordering a set for my 2015 ram 1500 and I’m thinking about getting the 275/65r20 size..stock is 275/60 wondering if anyone has had issues changing ratios other than mpg.. my truck is stock.

Also wondering has anyone ever towed with these I own a 5000# ice castle wondering if the tires get louder or wear faster/etc?