krylon fusion-painted headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Im planning to retro my headlights and wondering if Krylon Fusion for plastics would be a good alternative instead of sanding, priming, and painting?

Im no painter, but it looks like it'll be a hard job with all the prep work involved. I'm planning on using the gloss black and blacking out everything.

Let me know if its possible to get good results or I'm just being lazy haha

As always, thanks guys!

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Black is super easy! Get you a 5 gallon bucket, fill it with beach / water (50/50 worked) and take the bezel and drop it in. It'll eat off the chrome leaving nice shiney black plastic.

Don't even need to paint em unless you scratch em up!

Here's the Projector Shroud after a bleach bath:

It's obviously white plastic, not black, but the headlight bezels are black underneath, promise!

Last edited:
OP
OP
sausec17

sausec17

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i had no idea about that! i suppose itll work the same for the reflectors in the headlights too since they are chrome?

My headlights are the matte black ones off ebay, so I will still need to paint those gloss black to match.

Thanks for the idea!

powderbrad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hmmm.
If you say it works maybe ill try. I want a shiny black as well, since my truck is black.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1Popeye