Krypton fusion paint for fender flares ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a set of pocket flares for my ram. They are black and I decided I don't care for black on a white truck.

I would like to paint them white and was wondering if any one has used KRYLON fusion paint for flares?? Seems easy to use and less that the $300 the body shop wants to paint them.

Last edited:

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That plastics seems pretty oily for paint to stick well. Have you looked into hydro dipping them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sir John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Rebel "Mopar 16" Special Edition
Engine
Hemi 5.7
there's no way you're going to get Superman to buy that paint!

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
back when i had my wrangler, a lot of the jeep guys would use krylon fusion to paint the flares when they started fading. seemed to work well. in your case i wouldnt do it. not because it wont work, but because the odds of the shade of white matching your truck are slim, and mis-matched flares will look like crap.

OP
OP
zogg

zogg

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express Quad Cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry....I meant Krylon fusion....ugh

AustinB

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If your truck is PW7.. Better take it to a shop for something that big, that will be side by side with your painted panels.

That color is one of the hardest to match, believe it or not.

danmp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I painted my upper bumper 2 years ago and hold very well. I did the same thing on my sierra and hold well for 3 years. The only thing the white is less glossy than the oem paint. But for me the match was close enough.

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
I used ir on my 2003 f150 to paint filler between bumper and grill and air splitter below the bumper FOLLOWED INSTRUCTIONS trade in 2006 for new Lincoln p/u still see it around town every so often and 12 years later it still looks good the white fusion was a perfect match for ford white
brianj

carl0

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
Let a bodyshop do the painting. They can match the paint and will add additive to make the paint flex a bit.

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
This is the best touch up paint I have ever used. It matches perfectly to the factory color and they will put it into a spray can for you.
Touch Up Paint and Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup
Jay

x2

I just used some fro my truck and GTP..

The truck paint matched pretty damn good.

The paint for the GTP isn't a perfect match but I think that's because the parts I painted are sitting right next to 15 year old paint. So it's going to look a little different but overall you really can't tell unless you know about it. It's way better than before when it looked faded and hazy.

I was really surprised.

So I would either do that or getting them dipped.