Ladder Rack and Ram Box?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A6USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
I wonder if anyone has tackled the Ladder Rack issue with their Ram that has , Ram Boxes. I have seen a permanent mount unit online, but don't need something that heavy duty and massive. I saw a cargo system that Chevy has while I was searching for one for my Ram, theirs hooks into the rail system for their management system and fold up and down. This would be ideal if I was not installing the folding quad cover over the bed. If one where available I might just consider bagging the cover. I am an Electrician and my needs are really just to carry an extension ladder. I was thinking there might be enough room up front to mount a "Back Rack" type setup and hang over the tailgate, or me and my Mig welder might just create a rear ladder support that originates from the receiver. Any thoughts out there? Thanks Brian

WhiteExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Unless there is a lot of room in front of and behind the RamBox, I worry there wouldn't be enough horizontal surface to sufficiently gusset the uprights too. I've never really looked closely at a RamBox, nor a ladder rack, so I'm kind of shooting in the dark.

OP
OP
A6USMC

A6USMC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Thanks my concern as well, I think the only option my be four legs that are interconnected to give some front to back strength. Its too bad, because I am very happy with the storage the Ram Boxes offer. But if you want to have a ladder rack and or a bed cover, it seems the most you can get is two out of three. I did spend some time looking at the bed a few moments ago, and unless I go with a permanent General Contractor type of rack, the bed cover may be out. I think I am going to explore some type of homemade or or altered rack that can be made to fit into the cargo management rail,that could be put on only when needed?? Who Knows

flep.co

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI
This post may be a bit late, but here's a heavy duty rack I came up with for my 2013 RAM 1500 Sport with Rambox.
Let me know if you want to see details.
3e122fb13965601f7936d268780b395c.jpg6d447ec6596d66345ef067fa42361d7c.jpg48554205b123c7ef6da1a9c64a8e756f.jpg

DDay Boy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What did you you use To attach the new bracket to existing fender well .I notice that I can remove the plastic rambox protector.