LED fog pods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gizmoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just ordered the pods from altered off-road

I have a 2013 1500 Sport.

I have read for months about changing out bulbs in this truck. And I'm pretty sure I know exactly which setup to get for headlights and I have the resistors for the reverse bulbs. But I can't find anything about the fog bulbs...whether or not I could get errors/flickering with these.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do they come with the oem style connectors?

Shouldn't have any issues.

OP
OP
Gizmoram

Gizmoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Dodge Ram 1500 (2013-2017) Fog light kit

http://www.ramforum.com/f75/2014_ram_1500_-_fog_light_led_pods-89028/

That's the kit. Yes it comes with plugs.

I guess what drives me crazy about this is that I thought you would need canbus and/or resistors so they work and/or don't flicker and/or throw bulb out error?

So I'm trying to find out from someone who knows for sure what is required for LED fog bulb swap.

Hopefully I'll just install and no issues. Cause like I said I can't seem to find an answer to this. I see a million threads about every other bulb on the truck. So the fogs must be the one I don't have to worry about.

Headlightrevolutions site says you need a canbus for the fogs.

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
IIRC....the fogs aren't integrated with the canbus system.

I say go for it.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
What year is yours? And how do you know it started with the 15's?
I have a 15. Without some sort of CANbus adapter, the LEDs in the fogs won't work when the trucks is running. Just to screw with you, they work when the engine isn't running.
If you look on The RetroShop website, they make lighting resistor and relay harnesses specific for 15+ trucks.

OP
OP
Gizmoram

Gizmoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 15. Without some sort of CANbus adapter, the LEDs in the fogs won't work when the trucks is running. Just to screw with you, they work when the engine isn't running.
If you look on The RetroShop website, they make lighting resistor and relay harnesses specific for 15+ trucks.

Ok I hear you. But how do you know it started with the 2015's?

Mine is a 2013 so I've found a couple posts of people saying I don't need a resistor/canbus canceller/decided or whatever the correct term is.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Ok I hear you. But how do you know it started with the 2015's?

I've see a few posts were people have chimed in about 14s not needing any CANbus adapter. The RetroShop is not the only ones that have different set ups for 15+ trucks, there are several of the specialty lighting websites that have the same year cut off.
Worse case if you do put LED fogs in your 14 and the give you grief, buy a set of CANbus adapters from Diode Dynamics, they are plug and play for the 9006 LED bulbs.
See here too:
http://www.diodedynamics.com/store/catalog/product/view/id/22539/
Quoted from this page: "It has been tested for compatibility in the newest of vehicles, including the troublesome 2015 Dodge Ram. It is also compatible with any Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, VW, BMW, Audi, or Mercedes systems, or any other CANBUS system currently in use."

OP
OP
Gizmoram

Gizmoram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've see a few posts were people have chimed in about 14s not needing any CANbus adapter. The RetroShop is not the only ones that have different set ups for 15+ trucks, there are several of the specialty lighting websites that have the same year cut off.
Worse case if you do put LED fogs in your 14 and the give you grief, buy a set of CANbus adapters from Diode Dynamics, they are plug and play for the 9006 LED bulbs.
See here too:
CANBUS Anti-Flicker Module (pair)
Quoted from this page: "It has been tested for compatibility in the newest of vehicles, including the troublesome 2015 Dodge Ram. It is also compatible with any Dodge, Chrysler, Jeep, VW, BMW, Audi, or Mercedes systems, or any other CANBUS system currently in use."

Ok cool. Now that's a reply I was looking for lol thanks! Mine is a 13 but no matter I think.

I think I'll just get it and wire it in just to be sure. Especially if it's that cheap.