LED Headlight Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I've been talking to a guy on eBay about some LED's he's selling. He pointed me to the error-free LED's, but it states will not fit vehicles with dust covers. I think that's us. Anyone found any reasonable LED bulb replacements that fit our headlight housings?

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
From what I've seen, OPT7 is the way to go. Read many posts here about them and I'm placing my order for them today.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Do they have ones that fit our headlight housing? All the ones I've been looking at need too much clearance and our dust covers are in the way. Do you have any links or where are you getting yours?

I do have an OPT7 LED light bar. Over a year now and no fog and all the LED's still work. Thing is bright as hell too.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Saw a video from Diode Dynamics, supposed to have one that will fit later this year, or first of January maybe?

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Do they have ones that fit our headlight housing? All the ones I've been looking at need too much clearance and our dust covers are in the way. Do you have any links or where are you getting yours?

I do have an OPT7 LED light bar. Over a year now and no fog and all the LED's still work. Thing is bright as hell too.

I bought mine on Amazon today.

Can read up on them in this thread:
http://www.ramforum.com/f41/opt7_lights-76901/

swine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought mine on Amazon today.

Can read up on them in this thread:
http://www.ramforum.com/f41/opt7_lights-76901/

Me too. Bought on Amazon and posted in that thread. Everything fits under the dust covers. I've got no errors and no flickering. I did use the capacitors that came with the lights. 2015 with quads.

Wish they had a little more throw, but I may still have them aimed a little low.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
aftermarket technology is just not there to OEM LEDs from the factory. Need well focused optics to get all the light in the right place. Right now its about the same as putting a P&P in reflector bowl headlights

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Cruizer, which headlights do you have? If you have the quad housings, the Opt7 lights will fit with the dust covers. If you have the projector lights, they will not fit.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Opt-7 fit high and low on quads, enlight bulbs fit high/low on quads and high on projectors, morimoto 2strokes fit the lows of the projector with the included dust cap extender, ill check how they fit behind the quad dust covers later.

ADUBIS

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Cruizer, which headlights do you have? If you have the quad housings, the Opt7 lights will fit with the dust covers. If you have the projector lights, they will not fit.

I have aftermarket quads. They are the exact same as the OEM, but they're black. Same spec as the OEM. Looks like the OPT7 will fit. Think I'm going to try them.

I have an OPT7 LED bar and that thing is nice. Never fogs, all LED's still working. I read a lot about OPT7 on some Jeep forums. Figured if they're good enough for real off-road guys, I'd be okay. And its been great.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Opt7 is the way to go. I have them in my quads. Perfect fit 0 codes

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I tried searching for Opt-7 on Amazon.'s and couldn't find them. I found these though. Has anyone had any experience with them?

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/d/B01KZKJ65E/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3NZKZYVZPUD1T

Did you look at the product review right there on Amazon? I'm leery buying bulbs I don't know of anyone using. Especially Amazon and eBay. Too many Chinese bulbs in the market and they're mostly crap.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/aw/cr/B01KZKJ65E/ref=mw_dp_cr/161-4626782-7062144

I have an OPT7 LED bar. Well over a year now and no fogging and all the LED's still working. Jeep guys have been using their light bars and that's why I gave them a chance.

So I ordered the OPT7 high and low beams. I imagine they'll be a huge improvement over the halogen bulbs I've been running.

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Ya I read the reviews. Mostly good, some bad. This is just what came up when I searched for opt7 led. So I figured if ask if anyone had tried them. Just for curiosity sake.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Amazon.ca is just a localized search result. Probably shipping from Cali. I found the OPT7 bulbs I need on eBay. I double checked they come with the extra wiring if you need CANBUS support or polarity change. They were $90 with free shipping.

I just searched "OPT7 LED 9005" and "OPT7 LED H11". Those are the bulbs I needed.

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Amazon.ca is just a localized search result. Probably shipping from Cali. I found the OPT7 bulbs I need on eBay. I double checked they come with the extra wiring if you need CANBUS support or polarity change. They were $90 with free shipping.

I just searched "OPT7 LED 9005" and "OPT7 LED H11". Those are the bulbs I needed.

I added the polarity and canbus device first time around. Im glad I did.... I just changed my reverse light bulbs to white led and my truck caught that. It reminds me every time I turn my truck on lol. The Opt7 Leds are a great product you wont have any issue. There customer service is also outstanding in my opinion.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
is that big thing going to fit inside and close the cap in back?

Status
Not open for further replies.