LED Headlights and Fogs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zak1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looking for a good brand for led headlights and Fogs. Feel free to share as much info as possible.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
what type of headlights do you have, projectors??

For the fogs I would wait for the TRS/Morimoto LED fogs come out which will be in a bout a month or so. they will outperform any plug and play setup. We should have them in stock around the new year

Thorvald

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nick, does Morimoto make an LED headlight conversion for the SLT/Big Horn style headlights? (Non Projector). Mines a 2017 and considering looking at this as an upgrade.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Nick, does Morimoto make an LED headlight conversion for the SLT/Big Horn style headlights? (Non Projector). Mines a 2017 and considering looking at this as an upgrade.

yes it looks like the "2 stroke" led lamps should work and i believe you would also need the anti-flicker modules

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Here’s my recommendation for fog lights. Well worth the money morimoto makes a high quality product.

As for headlights, you’re kind of screwed if you have halogen housings. LED is not good enough to have great headlight performance and if you have hid in a halogen housing not only are you blinding all the poor people on the road. You’re got getting anywhere close to the performance hids are capable of in projector housings. My recommendation. Get yourself so retrofitted projectors and get an HID get. There is no better alternative.

78c0362fa33d76dc8c4704f236c41c5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spoon059

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
What style headlights do you have. There is another thread here about LED's in the quad housing. I posted a link to a video showing 10 or 12 popular LED bulb brands. The video discusses the pros and cons of each bulb and then shows the light output in a Ram quad housing. That was very informative to me, because it showed that some LED manufacturers have been able to mimic the light throw of a halogen in order to properly fill out the quad housing and provide great light output.

After watching the video, I bought Supernova V3 bulbs in H11. The beam pattern is very similar to halogen, with a sharp cutoff and appropriate hot spot. The light color is brighter white, as opposed to the yellowish halogen. The brighter color helps with contrast at night, and the LED puts up more light output at 23 feet than the halogen... something like 30% more light output. It is quite noticeable the difference in my vision. Like I said, great beam cutoff and no errant light being thrown into other driver's eyes. I followed my wife home last night and she sat low in her Camry and didn't see any obnoxious light. Being a 2015, it does require anti-flicker modules... stupid canbus system...

mpress2570

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What style headlights do you have. There is another thread here about LED's in the quad housing. I posted a link to a video showing 10 or 12 popular LED bulb brands. The video discusses the pros and cons of each bulb and then shows the light output in a Ram quad housing. That was very informative to me, because it showed that some LED manufacturers have been able to mimic the light throw of a halogen in order to properly fill out the quad housing and provide great light output.

After watching the video, I bought Supernova V3 bulbs in H11. The beam pattern is very similar to halogen, with a sharp cutoff and appropriate hot spot. The light color is brighter white, as opposed to the yellowish halogen. The brighter color helps with contrast at night, and the LED puts up more light output at 23 feet than the halogen... something like 30% more light output. It is quite noticeable the difference in my vision. Like I said, great beam cutoff and no errant light being thrown into other driver's eyes. I followed my wife home last night and she sat low in her Camry and didn't see any obnoxious light. Being a 2015, it does require anti-flicker modules... stupid canbus system...

That was headlights revolutions video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

liftedgm1982

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bought these for my quad headlight housingf90c778ac9ac11cf847816817485622f.jpg
I drive mostly at night, these are impressive. They are adjustable too so you can clock them in the housing correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro