Led light bar install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jfmf527

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wanna install a 22inch light bag in front bumper. I've never done anything like this before as well as the wirring also. Any tips, info opinions. I have a 2016 1500 series

sbarron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Make sure your wires are large enough gauge for the length/amperage you need. Put your wires in loom. Use a grommet anywhere you penetrate metal. Think about how you're going to route your wires beforehand. Use a relay, waterproof preferred. Place your fuse as close to the battery as you can. Solder and heat shrink any connections. Put a dab of dielectric grease on the pins in your plugs before connecting.

For your first time, a pre-made loom may be your best bet.

Mostly, take your time and enjoy the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

ErnieBoling

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Make sure your wires are large enough gauge for the length/amperage you need. Put your wires in loom. Use a grommet anywhere you penetrate metal. Think about how you're going to route your wires beforehand. Use a relay, waterproof preferred. Place your fuse as close to the battery as you can. Solder and heat shrink any connections. Put a dab of dielectric grease on the pins in your plugs before connecting.

For your first time, a pre-made loom may be your best bet.

Mostly, take your time and enjoy the process.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What he said