LED light Bars,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
I'm looking into installing a light bar on my truck, I have the sport front bumper without tow hooks. so I would be installing it in that location. I would more then likely take that plastic piece out and cut it to fit around the light bar.

Which one would you go with I think a 30 inch bar is long enough I just don't know if I should go with rigid or some other brand.

Last edited:

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
plenty of other brands for a fraction of the cost, and I have not heard anything bad about them as of yet. I could be wrong but most 4G owners go with a 20in bar, maybe due to the curve of the bumper and how far the bar would need to sit into the bumper so that the ends dont stick out. I could be wrong since im a 3G.

OP
OP
S

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
yeah looking at that section of the bumper I think the max i could do is 20. Now whats the difference between single and a stacked LED

reddot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
stacked is two rows of LEDs(what most use) and single is just a single row. If you do a google image search for "single row LED light bar" and "double row LED light bar" you will see the difference.

Ruiner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
I've spoken with a buddy at work who had a light bar installed between his tow hooks, he said that he would have preferred two shorter ones and angle them outward toward the ditches.

Just an alternative suggestion.

OP
OP
S

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
I've spoken with a buddy at work who had a light bar installed between his tow hooks, he said that he would have preferred two shorter ones and angle them outward toward the ditches.

Just an alternative suggestion.

Never thought of that

MWeir91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I put a 24" on mine with a combination beam. The outside 8 LEDs on both sides are a flood beam (60degree), and the inside LEDs are a spot beam (30degree). I love it! Lights up both the road and the ditches perfectly! Also, I went with a cheaper brand over Rigid and I have no complaints!

OP
OP
S

scHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 RAM SLT Crew
Engine
Hemi
I put a 24" on mine with a combination beam. The outside 8 LEDs on both sides are a flood beam (60degree), and the inside LEDs are a spot beam (30degree). I love it! Lights up both the road and the ditches perfectly! Also, I went with a cheaper brand over Rigid and I have no complaints!

That's what I'm looking for. Which brand did you go with

MWeir91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Sparkyy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
v6
I'm not sure exactly what the brand was, its just one of the ones from eBay. I'll attach a couple links of similar ones. A few of them even come with a three year warranty so you can't go wrong.

Those prices actually look very reasonable as opposed to Rigids prices. How long from order till you had it in your hands, assuming it came from China?

Got any pictures of the light bar installed, maybe during the day to see the mount and at night to see the distance?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you got the sport bumper you can fit a 40/41" lightbar.
Look up Badjuju's truck.

If you need a lightbar, we carry our brand as well as Rigids.
Of course our brand is almost 1/2 off the rigids :)

MWeir91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Those prices actually look very reasonable as opposed to Rigids prices. How long from order till you had it in your hands, assuming it came from China?

Got any pictures of the light bar installed, maybe during the day to see the mount and at night to see the distance?

I think it was just a couple of weeks before it arrived. I was at work when I ordered it and Im doing 6 week tours right now, so it was home when i got there.

I don't have the sport bumper but i'll attach a pic of where I installed it and I don't have pictures of how bright it is, but i assure you it's extremely bright. Blew my mind the first time i flicked it on at night.

Attachments

• Ram 3.jpg
    Ram 3.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 2,109

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
Does anyone have a bar on the roof/above the window?

I'd really like to put a long bar up there, but they may just be too much money..

EDIT: $260 on ebay for 42"..woot..

Last edited:

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not that I know of.....Divi (member here) does have a roof basket with the ability to add a lightbar. He may be the closes one.

MWeir91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone have a bar on the roof/above the window?

I'd really like to put a long bar up there, but they may just be too much money..

EDIT: $260 on ebay for 42"..woot..

I've been thinking the same thing, but I'd like to come up with a way to do it without drilling holes in the roof.. I'm not completely opposed to the idea of a roof rack, but I haven't seen much that I like. I'm interested in seeing what you guys have come up with, if anything, as well!

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been thinking the same thing, but I'd like to come up with a way to do it without drilling holes in the roof.. I'm not completely opposed to the idea of a roof rack, but I haven't seen much that I like. I'm interested in seeing what you guys have come up with, if anything, as well!

We are a week out from getting our hands on brackets for the windshield that would allow for a 50" light bar.
I will have one on my truck

Ruiner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
This was taken from another forum.

155638_371220996329690_299428427_n.jpg

Street_To_Sand_Dodge.jpg

DatacomGuy

Reaction score
We are a week out from getting our hands on brackets for the windshield that would allow for a 50" light bar.
I will have one on my truck

BOOM, this is exactly what i would want to do..

Can you PM me pricing for your LED light bars? Or is it posted anywhere here?

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
BOOM, this is exactly what i would want to do..

Can you PM me pricing for your LED light bars? Or is it posted anywhere here?

Yes sir!
I will post these up in our vendor section by tonight.