led replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdeere05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
if I change the tail light bulbs and front turns to led will they blink faster than the normal bulbs?

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Most of the LED replacement bulbs for tails and turns require the addition of a resistor to make them work (flash) properly and keep your truck from giving you a "bulb out" warning.
The resistors can be found anywhere you find the bulbs, as well as instructions. As long as you do this, they will operate normally.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
^^Agreed. Unless you buy bulbs that have a built in resistor (most don't) then you need a 50W 6ohm resistor that gets wired in parallel to the bulb to allow a normal flash pattern and prevent the lamp out notification.

JohnD72

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
If you're looking on ebay or amazon, don't pay attention to the compatibility charts. They are wrong the majority of the time. Unless it specifically states in the description that it will work with your truck, email them and ask before you order.
I bought 3 different sets of bulbs in stores and online that were labeled "can bus compatible" and they didn't work.

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
John and charon are both right. Even the LED switchbacks I bought from JJ came with the resistors. Not built in.

Basically you use a wire tap connection to the hot signal wire and then ground it to the frame. No flashers in our trucks. All cpu controlled. That's why most have signals that flash as if there's no/ burnt out signal light....hyperflash. There's way less resistance, so the ECM assumes there's a burnt bulb. Otherwise.... how would you know unless someone tells you.

OP
OP
jdeere05

jdeere05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Ahhh ill just deal with the stockers....lol to much of a hassle for a simple guy

Heywood

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport
Engine
It's not too bad. You have to remove the front head light to change the front bulb.

I only did the fronts so they'd match the halo's on my lights.

The rears I just used a 3157 normal bulb.

smarsmar101

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just did all mine a month ago and let me tell you. Cheapest mod yet and one of the best. Resistors in all four corners and cool whites up front and reds in back. What a difference. Just need a clear reflector in front now and I'll be good to go. Which will be within a week cuz I have spiders on the way.