LED for reverse lights/ with oem LED tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
i just want a simple plug and play design for my reverse lights, they are currently halogen bulbs in the led taillights. also i don't want it to throw any error codes.

JJP71584

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
024e182daf60dcc3bee4aae068827777.jpg

These worked great for me...

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

cbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for yhe link, I'm gonna look into these gor my truck as well.

tripleplay

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got mine from enlight - they sent resistors due to code. Work great and easy install.

OP
OP
stevens

stevens

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Dodge Ram sport 4x4 crew
Engine
hemi 5.7
yeah but people with led tails have issues. if you guys just have the stock regular plane tail lights there should not be issues, i got the led tail lights...i can't find any working bulbs lol

HemiJames

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i just want a simple plug and play design for my reverse lights, they are currently halogen bulbs in the led taillights. also i don't want it to throw any error codes.

I have the same setup and wanted brighter reverse light. Ended up going with the Phillips 921 LED bulb from Amazon. They barely fit in the hole for the reverse light but they do fit. The light is real white, and bright but it seems I could see better with the OEM 921 bulbs installed. These LED s have a reflector on top i guess the direct the light into the reflector, but since the light goes through the bottom of the lens and not through the back of the lens it might be causing me to lose light. I also noticed some wavy lines in the back up camera since I installed the LED bulbs, cant recall if they were there with the OEM bulbs. No error codes since I put these in either. Left light is LED and right light is OEM

Attachments

• reverse LED1.jpg
    reverse LED1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 103

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I find that it's very hard for photos to show real world lighting. Possibly if I had taken a pic of the light output in the dark with original in one side and LED in the other it may be more representative, but I didn't feel like waiting until dark!

This pic shows the LED on one side and original on the other. Not very definitive, but I can tell you they are waaaay brighter in reality.

0A7F7B08-7F66-499C-B0E9-AC9B797BF4BF_zpsd70un5dz.jpg

PS: e-brake works....

Last edited: