LED signals and tails installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
Just thought I'd do a quick review for anyone wondering about switching to LEDs.

video here: https://youtu.be/zDcTdU781-Y

front signals, tails and 3rd brake light. purchased from dt-autotech on eBay as there are lumen tests of most bulbs listed for sale and also a US seller.

installed bulbs alone, no resistors. very bright, no flicker, no fast-blink and no bulb-out warnings (mostly). overall quite pleased with them.

IMAG2313_zpsk8ml6mmu.jpg

IMAG2302_zpsgsm6qcxn.jpg

IMAG2301_zpscatqiqkb.jpg

Last edited:

HTX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Looks good, and thanks for the review. I did Astar's myself, but required two resistors per bulb.

I still haven't found a decent interior brand for our canbus systems yet.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks great! I've been searching for them, but can't seem to find them. Do you have a link for them?

OP
OP
S

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
dt autotech | eBay Stores

lots of stuff to choose from, and seems like a good seller so I gave them my business.

A few times this week I've had a bulb-out warning for the R/R tail light, along with a fast-blink on the dash. lasts for usually under a minute, then clears up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

soSincerious

Reaction score
Ram Year
'16 1500 QC express
Engine
5.7 4x4 3.92 LSD
update on the bulb-out warning and supposed fast-blink. the bulb isn't actually out and doesn't actually fast blink. it seems to be more of an annoyance rather than an actual problem.

video here: https://youtu.be/dbCbtbsK6nw

resistors would likely solve it, but I don't think I'm going to install them just yet. until I get fed up with the warning that is ...