LED tail light assembly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Astapleton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Kind of a silly question here but I'm used to the twist bulb replacement for rear brake lights and my 2013 ram sport has the LED taillights and I'm trying not to brake the connector and have to replace the whole light assembly. Anyone have a link or know how to remove the connector to change the brake light bulb in the assembly and what bulb I need to replace it with?

tncruiser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7hemi
not sure but do know on wifes explorer the lamp assembly is part of the taillight
is your taillight burned out or just looking for future knowledge
brianj

OP
OP
A

Astapleton

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Brake light is burnt out... The plug is a little tricky and its flimsy so I want to make sure I get it un plugged right because if i break it I'll have to buy a new assembly

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is there a way to go to standard tail lights on trucks with factory led ones? My buddy has a 2017 sport and one is out. Looks like he needs the whole assembly vs just a $2 bulb like the standard one and the aftermarket leds all seem to be not for trucks equipped with factory led. At nearly 300 times the cost to replace an led one and this being the second light hes had go out (first was a front signal light under warranty). We're looking for a long term less expensive solution. Rebuild lamp kit as another option maybe.

werdna1977

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is there a way to go to standard tail lights on trucks with factory led ones? My buddy has a 2017 sport and one is out. Looks like he needs the whole assembly vs just a $2 bulb like the standard one and the aftermarket leds all seem to be not for trucks equipped with factory led. At nearly 300 times the cost to replace an led one and this being the second light hes had go out (first was a front signal light under warranty). We're looking for a long term less expensive solution. Rebuild lamp kit as another option maybe.

PM sent

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ordered one from the auto parts store local. They found an oe replacent for 350. Still pretty steep, but it looks like it matches and the truck is new enough that it should look fine. Hopefully its not too cheap and doesn't fog, but he'll have it tomorrow afternoon. Drives mostly at night and the weather has been bad so he didn't want to wait long to fix it. Kind of surprised they could get the part for a sunday, but they said they'd have it. I'd still like to know if you can program out the led light option and run conventional ones for future reference.