Light Bar In bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
So I have been wanting a light bar for a long time but did not want to sacrifice my tow hooks and I didn't want one on the roof. So I did some looking around and found a 22inch curved light bar with both flood and spot lights in it.

So I took the plastic trim piece out between my tow hooks to open the gap up a little more and fabricated some brackets out of flat aluminum bar I got form lowes and used some preexisting holes in the frame. I think it turned out pretty nice. I doesn't recess in the bumper like the 2500's but it works.

IMG_0256.JPG_zpskgbm8lg2.jpgIMG_0257.JPG_zpsmoppxacb.jpgIMG_0258.JPG_zpsfjtzsp0g.jpg

OP
OP
Backwoods

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Very nice! Now come out and put one on my truck please.

Thanks, It wasn't to hard once I figured what to use. I bent the metal by hand, then just drilled the holes.

UnsatFC

Active duty NAVY
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how much was the lightbar? I have been noticing that my factory headlights suck! My Mazda 3, daily driver, is brighter.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any chance you can post some pics from further away? One from the side that shows how much it sticks out? Thnx

OP
OP
Backwoods

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
how much was the lightbar? I have been noticing that my factory headlights suck! My Mazda 3, daily driver, is brighter.

It was on $40 form amazon and came with the wiring harness.

Wish I didn't need a front license plate lol

I'm going to remount the license plate holder too. Just have to measure it and drill new holes. I'll Post pics of that to once I get it.

Any chance you can post some pics from further away? One from the side that shows how much it sticks out? Thnx

I can do that.

Not bad sir...show your work in the lightbar thread...http://www.ramforum.com/f41/my_lightbar-72869/

I know there has been others who have wanted a lightbar there too. I believe you might be one of the very few who has installed one.

Thanks, I will. I was trying to find that thread but for some reason I couldn't find it.

Solid State

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 Bighorn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks good! Like Rzrman said, think you're the first to mount a bar there on the big horn models. Lots of guys have ask3d about it. I was just gonna stick a single row bar in that spot.

OP
OP
Backwoods

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Looks good! Like Rzrman said, think you're the first to mount a bar there on the big horn models. Lots of guys have ask3d about it. I was just gonna stick a single row bar in that spot.

I think so too, tried finding other ones as an example. All I could find was 2500's, sport bumpers, or people removed their tow hooks to do it. So hopefully this will help someone wanting to do the same thing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963