Light bar mounting.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack7587

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I need help on some mounting options on my Ram Big Horn 1500 for light bar. Should I mount two (2) 10 inch lights in my tow hook pockets? Or a 50 inch curved under the bumper.

Any recommendations on good 10in lights for the tow pockets. Flood or Spot? Or Combo?

50 inch lightbar I was thinking rough country single row. 50-inch Curved Single Row Cree LED Light Bar [72750] | Rough Country Suspension Systems®
Though this would be a good low profile so I don't lose much clearance. The truck is leveled so the front isn't stock height.

Thanks for any imput.

hrazz7

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
A 50 inch curved might be a little to big for your bumper, seen a bunch of guys run 42 inch and they fit pretty snug in there. As for the 10 inchs never seen that done but would be excited to see how it turns out it you go down that path. I've been wanting to add more light debating between the 42 or a 20 inch in between my tow hooks!

wsutard1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
I would personally not put anything below the bumper. Lots of potential for damage down there. I also happen to think it looks funny.

Better place is in the bumper if you can do it.

Interesting thought that I haven't seen anyone do, why not on the hood? (EDIT: OK strike this. Bad idea. if you put it on the front of the hood it would look terrible. If you put it on the back the light wouldn't hit the ground. I could just erase this and pretend that I didnt "suggest" it but I will own up to it)

Last edited: