Lightbars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 17 ram sport and want to get a 42in curved light bar in the front bumper. Are all the brands basically the same or are some better than others?

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 17 ram sport and want to get a 42in curved light bar in the front bumper. Are all the brands basically the same or are some better than others?

A lot of people water probably tell you it makes a difference I have cheaper ones from Amazon I have a 42 inch in my truck for about a year now with no issues. Very bright! I think I paid 75 bucks for it.

f0d883aa4edef1a9a25305813775747d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
ivey_usmc

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I like how you color matched the outside. Looks good!

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 30" has worked great for over 2 years now...plenty bright and I think I paid around $90 at the time. No condensation, no led's burnt out.

I can't see paying hundreds of dollars for a lightbar unless you regularly rely on its functionality and constant use....just my opinion.

OP
OP
ivey_usmc

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My 30" has worked great for over 2 years now...plenty bright and I think I paid around $90 at the time. No condensation, no led's burnt out.

I can't see paying hundreds of dollars for a lightbar unless you regularly rely on its functionality and constant use....just my opinion.

Why did you get a 30 and not a 42?

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Ha...the question I ask myself everyday.

Honestly though, I like how it looks with the black sides on the inserts after seeing it installed.

I just had this convo with another member.....going the shorter bar route, it is more work you have to do for install, customizing the insert size to fit the bar.

Whiteannerdy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi

My guess why he got a 30 would be he wanted to still have access or the option to install front tow hooks.

I installed a 42” curved on my 16 Sport. I got a 400watt from amazon and should have gotten a 240watt cause one LED burnt out...

New bar is on its way though.

OP
OP
ivey_usmc

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
My guess why he got a 30 would be he wanted to still have access or the option to install front tow hooks.

I installed a 42” curved on my 16 Sport. I got a 400watt from amazon and should have gotten a 240watt cause one LED burnt out...

New bar is on its way though.

Why 240 vs 400 watt? Inst the 400 brighter?

kooler1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Well there are some differences. I can tell you one that I’m kinda big on. Driving with the lights on. Some have visibility issues the faster you go. Might sound stupid cuz light is fast and all. But go out to the dessert with a cheap set vs a decent set. The lighting changes.

I also consider flood vs spot. I like the combos. But how far do you want to see with the spot light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
ivey_usmc

ivey_usmc

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well there are some differences. I can tell you one that I’m kinda big on. Driving with the lights on. Some have visibility issues the faster you go. Might sound stupid cuz light is fast and all. But go out to the dessert with a cheap set vs a decent set. The lighting changes.

I also consider flood vs spot. I like the combos. But how far do you want to see with the spot light?

I see what your saying. Im primarily looking fr brightness ahead and too the side as far out as possible. I saw some on amazon that has 700+ watts. Not sure of the brand.

kooler1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I see what your saying. Im primarily looking fr brightness ahead and too the side as far out as possible. I saw some on amazon that has 700+ watts. Not sure of the brand.

I usually don’t go by watts. I want to know lumens. Then if I see something I like I’ll start reading into the rest of it. Can’t tell you what brand to go to. I like ridgid. But hate their pricing. If you’re shopping on amazon. Read the comments and reviews. Can’t go wrong that way. I found great led replacements for my ram that way.

Dbush36

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I usually don’t go by watts. I want to know lumens. Then if I see something I like I’ll start reading into the rest of it. Can’t tell you what brand to go to. I like ridgid. But hate their pricing. If you’re shopping on amazon. Read the comments and reviews. Can’t go wrong that way. I found great led replacements for my ram that way.

Good advice! Don’t just throw money at something and assume it’s better than cheaper options. I like this

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If your keeping the license plate bracket you probably want to go with a single row

Rzrman328

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Love the look. Can you run the light bar on-road or is it blinding? I assume it is on a separate switch or do you have it tied in to come on with head lights?

It's way too bright for traffic use. Mine is on an independent switch. Some guys tie theirs into the high beams.