Line-x or rhino line?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bo Daggart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Which is the preferred brand? I'd love to hear from people that have had both.

joeygster

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 1500 Sport Crew Bright White
Engine
Hemi 5.7
From my knowledge the Linex is harder feeling while the Rhino has a more rubbery texture.

The Linex is considered more durable, but only if you're really subjecting it to a lot of abuse.

You won't go wrong with either choice.

Shady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Rhino on one truck. Line-x on the next two. I'll never go back to rhino... Too soft. But I use my truck as a truck. I haul gravel, cobbles, bark, and other material that gets offloaded with shovels. The Line-X is much more resistant to cutting. On the new truck I've added a 3/4" stall mat that I trimmed up for a custom fit. A bit of cushion for my poor old knees when I need to crawl around back there, or for my truck camper, when it is on the truck.fd6886255303c8b2dfbdb47f647d2453.jpg
b436a2df41cc4dd43a1bd16d21403252.jpg

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

Bo Daggart

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Thanks guys. Looks like Line-x is the way to go. I'll be using a rubber mat or a bed rug over the spray in.
What about the LED bed lights? The extra thickness of the spray in doesn't prevent them from being put back in does it? I'm assuming they take them out before spraying and not just tape them off

Shady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
They were removed and reinstalled. No problem, looks great.

BigDogg795

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For what it's worth, I've always been told both products are great as long as the prep is done right. That's my concern; I've seen mediocre reviews for the line-x dealer close to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Numnutz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have had really good luck with Onyx.
Put it 14 trucks at work and my personal truck.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Stage4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8 Cyl
Ask for the Product Technical Data Sheets.

LINE-X is stronger than Rhino.

LINE-X has a tear strength of 490 psi and Rhino (Tuff Grip and Hardline) is 225 psi.

Last edited:

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
There never should be a question, LineX or bust. Have had so many liners in twenty years of trucks, LineX in the last 3 and I will never use anything else. The only thing to consider would be bed rug, but for spray in liners if it aint have an X in it, it is just wrong. LineX will never peel, everything else does. You can cut it iff you try, but I shovel the hell out of loads repeatedly and I have one cut when I stupidly tried to shovel against the lines.

Last edited:

Gump

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I did spray liners for several years. Mine was similar to Line-x, and it was tough ****. We sprayed many industrial applications, and not just truck beds. Rhino sucks.

MEchase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What does OEM use for its' spray in bedliner? I checked my Equipment Listing based on my VIN it states "Spray in bedliner". Based on the descriptions above, I would assume it's Line-X.

Shady

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
It's similar to line-x.
This is what I've read...

But that it is applied at about half the thickness of line-x.

And it does not carry the lifetime warranty that Line-X does..

mh3c

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Line x my last truck and rhino in this one. Either are solid especially if the prep is done right. I had both my last two trucks done by the dealer.

Hootbro

U.S. Army Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 1500 Express 4x4
Engine
Pentastar 3.6L
What does OEM use for its' spray in bedliner? I checked my Equipment Listing based on my VIN it states "Spray in bedliner". Based on the descriptions above, I would assume it's Line-X.

RAM and Ford ( do not know about Chevy ), use a proprietary spray in liner that is used with an adhesion promoter to stick. They do not scuff prep the bed like Line-X and Rhino do for their spray in products.

If you google around a bit, there is videos showing how these OEM spray in liners can be pulled off in sheets once one corner or spot of the liner can be gotten under and then pulled up. How real world applicable that is, who knows? Just the OEM spray liners are not as durable as the aftermarket ones are.

smiley

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 2500 Crew
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Line X is a better process on edges and is unbeatable in my opinion. I will say it is is hard so not friendly for knees if you need to be crawling around in there. I have been planning on getting a rubber mat to go over the top.

evanj5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2007 Dodge RAM v6 quad cab sxt
Engine
v6 3.7
I just had a rhino put in my ram...I do heavy hauling etc in my ram and the stuff I was hauling gauged the liner and messed it up...I ended up having to buy a Mat to put on top of it....Go with linex

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk