Looking into Running Boards/Nerf Bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wife is 5'2" and pregnant so she's going to need some extra help getting into my truck. I was thinking of a wheel-2-wheel 6-step setup like the Go Rhino's & NFab's but she's not keen on me dropping that $$$. Because of the chrome already on my truck i need stainless or the like. I came across these and they look nice, the price makes them look better too!
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=400456146250&index=2&nav=WATCHING&nid=55152662390
Haven't seen any reviews on them and I know the whole you get what you pay for haha. Any insight would be great.

Chewy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8
Not sure if it matters to you or not, but I'd try to stick to something made in the USA if you can. Getting replacement parts and quality are usually much better. Just make sure what ever you do get, isn't made in China.

Also, not all stainless's are created equal. I'd try to stick with a 300 series stainless like 308 or 316.

Chris

OP
OP
MoparMulisha

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would rather buy something made here but with the style I want, I may have to buy something that isn't. According to the listing it does have a limited lifetime warranty (whatever that counts for haha)

While looking for any style there is either powder coated black, textured black or stainless so I kind of looped that broad spectrum of stainless together haha we've all seen those running boards that have half rusted out from the bottom and that won't be my truck.

OP
OP
MoparMulisha

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After some debating and research/phone call I actually went with the eBay running boards. They look better than expected and seem to be pretty quality parts!
null_zps79f2e3c3.jpg
null_zpseaf485e8.jpg

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
See if you can find Nasta SS Step bars near you... I got mine for ~$100 2yr ago, brand new from a parts warehouse. They've got all your standard versions, so something should work.. The bars/brackets/bolts/etc/etc/etc are all SS... not a spot of rust on them after 2 yrs. I THINK they are 304 SS.

OP
OP
MoparMulisha

MoparMulisha

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
See if you can find Nasta SS Step bars near you... I got mine for ~$100 2yr ago, brand new from a parts warehouse. They've got all your standard versions, so something should work.. The bars/brackets/bolts/etc/etc/etc are all SS... not a spot of rust on them after 2 yrs. I THINK they are 304 SS.

Appreciate the reply, but uh check my previous post lol

Cthulhu

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
Lol.. just realized that. Hope you likem!!!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2