Looking for a Vinyl wrap for 2500/3500 hoods....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've see a bunch of Sport hood wraps and such on Ebay and Amazon. Even a local truck acc store has them. But nothing for the bigger trucks. I have some rock chips I keep chasing with a paint pen but I'd like to try a flat black wrap of sorts that might help protect a little better. I don't want the full hood, just the center section like you see from time to time.

This is kind of what I'm looking at. Without the logo tho. I'm not a fan of that look....

I just wanted to see if someone online has a lead instead of going to the local shop. They want close to $400 to do what I want and won't sell me the material itself. I've wrapped lots of sleds and bikes, I figure a hood on the truck can't be so bad.

Attachments

• ramdecal.jpg
    ramdecal.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 115

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I don't know anything about the wraps but my question would be, is the wrap "thick" enough to stop rock chips. I'm just wondering if the wrap is as thick as the 3M clear bra material, which does a pretty good job at stopping chips(but not all).
Jay

OP
OP
Reeb

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't know anything about the wraps but my question would be, is the wrap "thick" enough to stop rock chips. I'm just wondering if the wrap is as thick as the 3M clear bra material, which does a pretty good job at stopping chips(but not all).

Jay

That's kind of my hope. Find some 3mil stuff like the sled and bike wraps. I actually have some 3M clear stuff at work for when we used to do headlights but none of the pieces are big enough. And I'd like to try a flat black instead of clear just to subtlety change it up a bit.
I still can't get over the price the only local shop in town that will do what I want charges. It's amazing they are even in business gouging people so bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I checked on the price of doing the front of my 16 Sports with something similar to the 3M and it was over $650.
Jay

OP
OP
Reeb

Reeb

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I checked on the price of doing the front of my 16 Sports with something similar to the 3M and it was over $650.

Jay

Wow. The 3M material is really cheap. Like, the local Nissan shop in town charges $135 a headlight and it's less than $10 in material. Ridiculous what they can charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After watching them do a couple of installs I think most of the cost is for labor---it sure looked like a PITA to install it with all the curves, corners and angles. I decided I sure as hell didn't want to try it. It's on my list of "one of these days" :naughty::naughty:
Jay