Low and High beams on one side stopped working...then started...then stopped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scurti5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
About three months ago, my low and high beams on my passenger side went out. I didn't get around to changing the bulbs right away. Thankfully I didn't because about a month later they started working. Last week, they have gone out again. I'm thinking it's a wiring or a fuse problem. I want to make sure it isn't something simple before I get to work getting the lamp shell out. Any suggestions?

Raist11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If it's two separate bulbs, it's probably not bulb. So wiring or fuse is the other option. I would think if it's fuse, they wouldn't have come back on for a time. Are you the first owner? What year? Is it possible someone had disconnected them and not pushed the connectors back on completely? Were you on a rough road at the time they stopped working?

OP
OP
S

Scurti5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it's two separate bulbs, it's probably not bulb. So wiring or fuse is the other option. I would think if it's fuse, they wouldn't have come back on for a time. Are you the first owner? What year? Is it possible someone had disconnected them and not pushed the connectors back on completely? Were you on a rough road at the time they stopped working?
I am the first owner band it's a 2011. No one has been under the hood during this time. Rough riding could possibly be the culprit but I'm not 100% sure it is.

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
You have a pin in the connector that is loose. Most likely your ground pin since both are going out at the same time and coming back at the same time. Easy fix.

Hemi_Express2013

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I am the first owner band it's a 2011. No one has been under the hood during this time. Rough riding could possibly be the culprit but I'm not 100% sure it is.

I have a co-worker with an 11 that was experiencing the same thing on the driver side. Turned out to be a ground issue.

ElTerrible

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i would also say its a ground issue. or water mixed with electrical wiring.

Tach_tech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
It's common on the pre 2013 trucks to get loose pins in the green connector behind the headlight.