Masterseal paint protector for 2018 RAM 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yak

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Guys,

I've had my 2018 RAM 1500 for about a week and a half and I'm prepping it for winter. I've already taken it in for Krown rustproofing and noticed that my local Krown dealer offers a Masterseal paint protection service for $200. Thoughts on this - will the Masterseal paint protector harm my paint in any way ( granite crystal color ) and will it help protect against salt/winter damage ( kicked up rocks, etc. )

Thoughts? Is it a nice-to-have or a stay-away ( not so much worried about cost, just whether it will harm paint, warranty, etc. )

Thanks,
Yak

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have not heard of that product. You might check on a ceramic coating for your truck. Although it will be more expensive ceramic coating have a history of excellent protection for your paint for multiple years. Any good professional detail shop should be able to give you a price and the details of their products.
Jay

KCaudill

The RAM
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Try looking at XPEL also. I thin they are the best when it comes to paint protection if the ceramic coating is not desired.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Or do Both, xpel on the front then ceramic coat over that and the whole body

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I bet that masterseal is just a quick wax or paint sealant that the dealer upsales to you that isn’t worth it and can be done yourself

Curlyp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I second the ceramic coating. I have it done on my 17’ Sport and love the look/protection. She has a “glass” look to her and beads up really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Same here.. well worth the money at the same time I had Xpel also applied.