Mcgaughys 2/4 kit...22s.....no badges

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hatcher1105

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I finally got the outside how I want. Installed the Mcgaughys economy kit, airlift 100's, black 22" replica R/T wheels, and took all the badges off. Also put on a R/T symbol in the grill. They don't make a crew cab R/T so I did! The lowering took about 6-7 hrs total for front, back and airlift bags. That's with a lunch break and my son having to pee, eat ask 1000 questions! But I wouldn't have had it any other way. That little dude is awesome!!

Had we known what size tools it would have been quicker. We had no issues with the front. We kept the bottom ball joint tight and loosened the top then lowered the jack and the ball joint came right out on its own. New spring went in super easy bottom first, no manipulating or anything.

Rear was also easy, hardest part was drilling the stupid hole with harbor freight bits! Airlift 100's obviously went uneasy since we did them at the same time. Running the air line was the hardest part.

All in all I got a little over 1" in the front and close to 3" in the back. My truck is 7 yrs old with 120k miles so I think the factory had settled some. It sits perfect, still sits just slightly higher in the back. I was finally able to take off the running boards also.

The badges were a pain. Took about 4hrs total to get them off, stupid glue!

Anyway here she sits. What ya think??

Oh last pic is how it was when I first got it except it had a chrome grill also...yuck!

Attachments

• IMG_7586.jpg
    IMG_7586.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_7587.jpg
    IMG_7587.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7588.jpg
    IMG_7588.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_7589.jpg
    IMG_7589.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_4082.jpg
    IMG_4082.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 55

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Looks good!

Side note... I can hardly wait until my little man gets old enough to help me with projects. I just hope he finds it as fun as I do. :D

BlackOps6

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks Amazing.. Great job

dkmesa

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Looks awesome. I was eyeballing a honeycomb grill with R/T badge for my crew cab sport last night...I think this helped my decision.

Also, this post doesn't help me refrain from buying the 2/4 drop that I want haha.