Merry Christmas to me!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
After months and months of research, reading reviews, and comparing prices I finally bit the bullet and bought some much needed tires. I ended up going with 35 X 12.50 X 20 Firestone Destination MTs. Between the reviews and price I got them for ($960 shipped free to an installer), I couldn't pass it up. Hopefully I get the tread life that others have out of these. I highly recommend tirebuyer.com to anyone who is looking for a new set of tires in the future. I received an $80 off promotion as well as an additional $50 off with free shipping if I sent them to one of their installers of my choice. It only took them 2 days to arrive at the tire shop where I had them installed and an alignment performed. Out the door I was a little over $1,100 WITH an alignment - all of my local tire shops quoted me at $1,250 - $1,500 without an alignment. I couldn't be happier with them

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Also, now would be a great time to show off my new LED fogs and reverse lights. These aren't your average LED replacement bulbs that everyone has in their forum. As a firefighter, I was looking for ways to light my truck up to provide additional lighting when I am on scene - especially when I come across wrecks on the interstate. Also, before any of my PA firefighters say it, yes I am aware that PSP is cracking down on blue lights and what they consider legal. I'm sorry, but I am not putting a halogen rotator on the roof of my truck. Our laws need revamped especially with how far LEDs have come in the recent years. My philosophy is that as long as your not a complete idiot with your lights and operate your vehicle in a safe manner (not going 50mph on residential streets blowing every stop sign in sight), I doubt you are stopped. Anyhow, now that I got off topic slightly, here is my new setup. I had Feniex Cannon 120s mounted in place of my factory bulbs for my fogs and reverse lights by an installer who is also a firefighter in my department. We had to dremel out my factory holes to fit the LED housing in place so anyone decides to go this route, keep that in mind. I have them wired so that my warning mode overrides my fog lights and that my reverse lights override my warning mode in the rear.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Sorry for the crappy iPhone quality but here is a short video:

[yt]4lsp9aIFx4A[/yt]

tdramman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4
Engine
Do you have any kind of lift?

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
video looks good but getting all X's on the pics!

OP
OP
Stringer

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
video looks good but getting all X's on the pics!

Hmmmm.... Let me see if I can do something to fix that. Thanks for letting me know!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit:

Should be fixed now

tdramman

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500 Laramie 4X4
Engine
It looks good. I have a level kit and stick tires but I might be interested in doing a 4 inch lift with 35's. I would be more inclined to play in the woods would that set up if given a chance.

Stewi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What flares do you have?

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice! Truck looks killer. Love the color.

edemce

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Beautiful truck, i have always been a sucker for blue and yours is great. Tires look awesome ! Lets us know how they do in the bad weather.

Stewi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They were on the truck when I bought it. I am thinking this is what they are since they don't have the notch on the front two flares like most do:

2009 2014 Dodge RAM 1500 Smooth 4pcs Bolt on Rivet Style Fender Flares Paintable | eBay

what really caught my eye is the front flares, where they continue from the fender onto the bumper, it looks like there is a separate piece that attaches to the bumper, versus a one piece flare which is how most of the aftermarket ones seem to be. I'm wondering I the previous owner took a regular one and cut it and did some body work on the edges to make it look like that. They look great.

OP
OP
Stringer

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Beautiful truck, i have always been a sucker for blue and yours is great. Tires look awesome ! Lets us know how they do in the bad weather.

Thanks! The color is the exact reason for me walking into the dealership haha. I have always been a Ford guy... was actually looking for another F-150 to replace my 2004 when I came across this truck. When they told me how much they wanted for this 2014 it was a no brainer lol. I couldn't even touch a F-150 for what mine was going for.

I'm curious myself as to how they will do in winter conditions - if we ever see winter this year here in Southwestern PA lol.

sbuko213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 HO
Thanks! The color is the exact reason for me walking into the dealership haha. I have always been a Ford guy... was actually looking for another F-150 to replace my 2004 when I came across this truck. When they told me how much they wanted for this 2014 it was a no brainer lol. I couldn't even touch a F-150 for what mine was going for.

I'm curious myself as to how they will do in winter conditions - if we ever see winter this year here in Southwestern PA lol.

We just had a brutal storm down here in eastern nm. With the stockers I had no issues back in nj, now with my AT's even less issues in this **** storm. You'll be good.

Am3gross

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 6.4
yeah you will be fine, with stock tires last year i never even came close to getting into any issues i couldnt get out of.

OP
OP
Stringer

Stringer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
yeah you will be fine, with stock tires last year i never even came close to getting into any issues i couldnt get out of.

I sure hope. MTs are known to not be the best in light snow conditions but are great for heavy snow.

Raminwil

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram LongHorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So its been about a year how are they and what are your thoughts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member