Metal to metal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Well long story short ziebart decided to coat my plastic rear wheel wells.
Made them.replace. stay away from that place. Joke

Anyways noticed that the screws that bolt though fender into wheel well are metal washers right onto painted fender.

Dont u think this will cause rust over time. Pretty sure this is how they come from factory. I was thinking of adding some plastic or rubber spacers to keep screws off paint.

Thoughts

DannyMK2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
every bolt holding down all the body parts are metal to metal.....might take you a while.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The last 2nd Gen I had, the previous owner (first owner) had Ziebart do the anti-rust paint on the bottom of the doors. They still rusted out... They rust from the inside out due to the shape of the seam/hem that holds the inner door panel to the outer door panel - up until the mid 90's, there would be a rubber/silicone gasket between the two panels in the hem, but as a cost saving method, virtually all manufacturers stopped putting it there.

OP
OP
S

skirider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
The last 2nd Gen I had, the previous owner (first owner) had Ziebart do the anti-rust paint on the bottom of the doors. They still rusted out... They rust from the inside out due to the shape of the seam/hem that holds the inner door panel to the outer door panel - up until the mid 90's, there would be a rubber/silicone gasket between the two panels in the hem, but as a cost saving method, virtually all manufacturers stopped putting it there.

So did they fix it. Ziebart.

crazy_luck

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So did they fix it. Ziebart.

Nope... Told him it must have been from his off road adventures. He is army reserve and told me the closest to off roading he got was the parking lot at Camp Riply in northern MN, which was a dirt lot that likes to turn to mud soup when it rains. Based on what needed to be repaired on that truck, I call BS on it never being off roaded...

But, the ziebart treatment is a waste of money.