Moe's 5 inch tips and some new pics.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you guys just have to unbolt the tips for them to come off? I noticed there's a small weld down there. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you guys just have to unbolt the tips for them to come off? I noticed there's a small weld down there. Thank you

Yes, all you have to do is loosen the nut and the tip comes off. when you remove the tip, the welded clamp comes off with the tip itself. Moes offers replacement clamps but if you don't want to purchase them the weld will break with some channel locks. I put a towel over the clamp to not damage it and put a set of pliers to it and just kind of worked it til it popped off. At first it will seem like it won't budge, but it will. Matt from moes also suggested using a grinder to break the weld, probably be a lot easier but I don't have one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kab

Kab

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, all you have to do is loosen the nut and the tip comes off. when you remove the tip, the welded clamp comes off with the tip itself. Moes offers replacement clamps or if you don't want to purchase them, the weld will break with some channel locks. I put a towel over the clamp to not damage it and put a set of pliers and just kind of worked it til it popped off. At first it will seem like it won't budge, but it will. Matt from moes also suggested using a grinder to break the weld, probably be a lot easier but I don't have one.

Thanks for the response, I'm not getting larger tips right now but the exhaust tips are the last piece of chrome on my truck so I'm just going to hit them with some high temp paint for now. And after putting my exhaust on the tips are just a tad off so then I can adjust them when I put them back on

Dangulo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just used new 2.5" band clamps however if I had to do it again I would have purchased the factory replacement ones from advance auto parts. The part # is in the big moe's thread. Not completely happy with band clamps.

Attachments

• 20170319_132748.jpg
    20170319_132748.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 115
OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the response, I'm not getting larger tips right now but the exhaust tips are the last piece of chrome on my truck so I'm just going to hit them with some high temp paint for now. And after putting my exhaust on the tips are just a tad off so then I can adjust them when I put them back on

You should be good then Kab

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They honestly look nice but definately not worth the high cost, i did the 5" tips on my 2015 and had a local exhaust shop make the balls to match the oem pipes, i left the tips on when i traded the 2015 in last november

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They honestly look nice but definately not worth the high cost, i did the 5" tips on my 2015 and had a local exhaust shop make the balls to match the oem pipes, i left the tips on when i traded the 2015 in last november

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I did weigh options and got some pricing locally. I found the cost for adapters and 4-5 tips plus labor was close to the cost of the bolt ons.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are they really worth the 200+ for the tips? Or should I just get a muffler?

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Are they really worth the 200+ for the tips? Or should I just get a muffler?

I'm running the competitor series carven on my truck so could not tell you what sound gain their would be with stock muffler. I'm sure their would be some but kinda depends on you and the sound you are trying to achieve

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running the competitor series carven on my truck so could not tell you what sound gain their would be with stock muffler. I'm sure their would be some but kinda depends on you and the sound you are trying to achieve

I do want a nice deep idle, nothing like a race truck lol. But just a nice sound that isn't going to be over kill. I do like the sound of the flow master super 44 series, but was also thinking of spending the money and doing a true dual exhaust

OP
OP
Txhemirt

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do want a nice deep idle, nothing like a race truck lol. But just a nice sound that isn't going to be over kill. I do like the sound of the flow master super 44 series, but was also thinking of spending the money and doing a true dual exhaust

I'll try and post a video of my setup when I get home. Videos are on my personal phone and I'm at work. After placing the tips on the truck it does sound deeper and really good

DavidN

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Really? Wow it looks so much smaller than that. My truck is on order so I cant actually look at it im just thinking what ive seen on the road.
That's probably because the bumper cut-outs are pretty big.
Moe's tips fill these cut-outs perfectly.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll try and post a video of my setup when I get home. Videos are on my personal phone and I'm at work. After placing the tips on the truck it does sound deeper and really good

Okay awesome! Thanks man!

nateinva

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 1500 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7L

I'm running a super 44 with Moe's 5" tips...Not true dual, only 1 muffler.

Sounds really good and the tips made a big difference as I added them after the muffler...It does drone around 1600-1800 RPMs but some people (like me) like it this way. I like to hear my exhaust with some AT tire humm, the way a truck should be.

Fanta1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm running a super 44 with Moe's 5" tips...Not true dual, only 1 muffler.

Sounds really good and the tips made a big difference as I added them after the muffler...It does drone around 1600-1800 RPMs but some people (like me) like it this way. I like to hear my exhaust with some AT tire humm, the way a truck should be.

Still have drone even with the resonators? And how much more drone than stock?