MOPAR 1 Piece Fiberglass Tonneau - Opinions Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good day,

I am in the market for a 1 piece hard tonneau cover. In almost 4 years of ownership, i have had 2 things in the back of my Express, a Honda push mower (for about a 2 minute trip) and a jug of washer fluid.

I figure a lot of the hard tonneau trade-offs won't really apply to me, since I basically don't use the bed. I have since sold my work truck and bought a small utility trailer that handles all the dirty work. Loading/unloading gear is so much easier with the lower deck height and saves my buggered back, but I digress.

Anyone own this cover (MOPAR Part# 82211527) and care to comment on it?

I'm just afraid that it may creak and make noise or possibly rub away at the trucks paint.

At only $250 more that a Bak Revolver, and colour matched, it seems like a good buy.

Thanks for your input!

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
There are plenty of good fiberglass covers out there. When installed, there should be a padded tape used to protect the paint.

OP
OP
T

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like the look of the MOPAR one. It is actually a LEER 700 that they re-branded, or so I believe. I like the raised center section of the tonneau, I think it would match the hood bulge on the non-sport model hood, or maybe I'm wrong, idk.

I can get it delivered to my door for $1508 Canadian, which is pretty hard to beat. A Bakflip F1 is $1469 delivered. The next closest, colour matched tonneau is the Undercover Lux at $2050 delivered. Just wish I made these purchases when I first bought my Ram. The CAN dollar was at par with the USD, and everything was so much cheaper.

I'm always open to other ideas as well. Thanks fellas.

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
IMHO I have a Leer fiberglass cover. It is waterproof, easy to secure, paint matched and I think generally looks a lot better than most other brands and styles of tonneau covers. The downside for me is that unlike you, I sometimes try to carry items in the bed and you can't carry anything over about 24" or the lid won't close. Another problem is if you ever want to take it off for any reason, it's really heavy(at least 2 man job)to remove. I haven't had any problem with it rubbing the paint and when it is adjusted correctly, it does not squeak or rattle. One other problem may be the price. They sure ain't cheap. I am going to install some clear protectant(similar to 3M) on the cover tomorrow to prevent small scratches and water spots, just because I'm **** about how the truck looks.
Jay

OP
OP
T

Two Dog

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 RAM RCSB Express
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure I've made up my mind. Lund does make the cover for MOPAR and I don't think I've ever heard anyone say bad things about their products.

What is the weight of your tonneau, ballpark figure.

Thanks for your input!