MOPAR Bed Extender Installed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stricnine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I added this bed extender to the truck recently. For those interested, the extender comes in a flat box. Assembly is required. A pop rivet tool will be required. Also if you have the drop in liner, it will need to be cut to add the mounting brackets to the existing three factory stamped dimples in the bed. This is a great piece that adds a ton of adjustability to the bed. I highly recommend it.

image_zpsqbira5tt.jpg
image_zps1mnd4hif.jpg
image_zpsgkh4a61v.jpg

DougM55

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like that! Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
stricnine

stricnine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I like that! Where did you get it and how much did it cost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got it from the dealership as it is an OEM part, they gave it to me for free. I think the dealership charges $270 for it.

OP
OP
stricnine

stricnine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
very nice - I like the ram logo

The dealership told me Mopar, in recent years, changed the color of the bar to black and added the RAM logo to it. The finish on it is great.

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
What part of the install required pop rivets?

Sent from my LG G4 on Tapatalk.

develand

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I like and dislike this lol.

I really like the idea since I have a RCSB for when I put groceries and other crap in the bed it would keep it all near the back. Right now I use a cargo bar I have had for years and it is great.

I dislike the though of this because it does take up a decent amount of space should I want to keep larger items under the bed cover and have the tailgate closed.

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would like to hear about the rivets as well. In the bed extenders I've had before I never needed to do this.

Steveo8x8

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram 2500 Megacab
Engine
6.7l Cummins
It's removable so if u ever need to take it out for larger items u can. The rivets should just be for the mounts on the bed sides

OP
OP
stricnine

stricnine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The mounts on the bedside are attached with screws. There are three dimples from the factory, you drill those out and attach the mount with the screws.

The extender comes in a flat box. In order to fit the rails together and secure them a hole is drilled once fitted and a rivot placed in the drilled hole to hold the entire unit together. There is a total of four rivots, two on the left side, top and bottom, and two on the right side, top and bottom .You then place the plastic bumper pieces together, around the bars and screw them down. This helps hold the rails together and also hide the rivots ;)

To remove you simply pivot the bar up at a 45 degree angle and it comes right out. Fits in the backseat no problem.

Last edited:
OP
OP
stricnine

stricnine

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice.

What lift do you have?

Thank you. The lift is a 6" ProComp suspension lift. I have been very pleased with it. The truck rides really smooth and it has handled the mild-medium off-road use I have put it through really well.

BigA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi Etorque
Looks like a quality piece, might have to invest in one myself.