Mopar Folding Cover for RamBox P/N 82212184AB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited Loaded - Sold
Anyone have this cover on a RamBox and have an opinion one way or another.

RDHemi16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I don't have that cover but I do have ramboxes. If that cover is soft canvas you may want to go with something like a bakflip for the same price and it will be a solid fold cover. I also thought that the mopar cover required (came with) different rails then a rambox without the factory cover, so make sure the different rails are included. IF you are looking at options, I am very happy with my bakflip cover.

Damion

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Extang trifecta on my ram box. Fits great.

ColdCase

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its a hard cover with fabric stretched across the top. I have a earlier model that doesn't have the fabric that I like. No leaks even in the stormiest weather. Doesn't fold up against the cab like the bakflip (for hauling tall loads), but my bakflip leaked like a sieve after the first winter.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Its a hard cover with fabric stretched across the top. I have a earlier model that doesn't have the fabric that I like. No leaks even in the stormiest weather. Doesn't fold up against the cab like the bakflip (for hauling tall loads), but my bakflip leaked like a sieve after the first winter.

This is exactly what I wanted to know. Ty very much.

pitboss000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have this on my Laramie. Cold Case is right, no leaks at all but you do lose 1/3 of the bed when open. But it's easy to remove if needed. And the embossed ram's head is nice.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Thanks for the replies. I get how the tri-folds work I have had them on my last 4 trucks with regular beds (non-Rambox). I was more curious if this unit looks good, doesn't leak and fits well.

I have had in the last month delivered and returned

Revolver X2 <-- not even a little bit water tight on the RamBox. It fit like total ****.
Gator Tri-Fold Pro<-- did not fit at all.

So I am going with the Mopar unit because I guarantee they fit it to the truck. I was going to try the Extang Trifecta 2.0 but the last 2 scared me away.

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
Got it for 850 shipped and tax. Expensive but guaranteed to fit :)

OP
OP
Farmer Fran

Farmer Fran

Reaction score
Ram Year
This is a;
HARD COVER
Wrapped in Canvas
That only take a screw drive to install

I will install it tomorrow and report back on the situation