Morimoto 2 Stroke LEDs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey all, I'm looking to find out if anyone has tried out a set of these new Morimoto 2 Stroke LEDs in their headlights.
I've struggled with 2 sets of HIDs recently and looking for more reliability.
Here's the link
I've read a few threads on people swearing on how much better the HIDs are vs LEDs in the projector housings, but I haven't seen any real evidence to back that up. I'm not saying they're wrong, I just haven't seen any output comparisons.
I'm not looking for cornea scorching performance, just a nice upgrade from the dingy halogen I have now.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What brand HID's age you reliability issues?

Do you have the projector headlights?

TRS has some of the best products when it comes to headlight upgrades. If you have projectors I highly recommend a HID kit from TRS. We have many customers who actually had LED's in their headlights and went to HID's and said it was a big improvement.

jabartram

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have 3 opti7 flux beam h11 led headlight bulbs ill sell you for 100.00 plus shipping.

OP
OP
61N150W

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do have the stock projectors, upgraded from quads.
The last set I've tried was the Morimoto 35xb hid set from the Retro Shop. I completely agree the output was awesome when they were working. I'm no HID expert by any means but I've installed a half dozen sets over the years. Most were eBay sets and I definitely got what I paid for. I feel the Morimoto brand has great quality, I may just have bad luck, so I'm wanting a system with "less moving parts".

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I do have the stock projectors, upgraded from quads.
The last set I've tried was the Morimoto 35xb hid set from the Retro Shop. I completely agree the output was awesome when they were working. I'm no HID expert by any means but I've installed a half dozen sets over the years. Most were eBay sets and I definitely got what I paid for. I feel the Morimoto brand has great quality, I may just have bad luck, so I'm wanting a system with "less moving parts".
No clue what's going on with your HID experience.... in my life and honestly about 12 different vehicles (each a new set of HID's) I've not as much as burnt out a bulb let alone had a issue and that's including my 00 civic that had a cracked housing and the bulb got wet every single rain lol. For the $ absolutely no LED set up I've ever seen can come close to HID. do you run 35W ballast or 50W?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
61N150W

61N150W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
No clue what's going on with your HID experience.... in my life and honestly about 12 different vehicles (each a new set of HID's) I've not as much as burnt out a bulb let alone had a issue and that's including my 00 civic that had a cracked housing and the bulb got wet every single rain lol. For the $ absolutely no LED set up I've ever seen can come close to HID. do you run 35W ballast or 50W?

Well some guys get all the luck :) To not ever have a bulb burn out would be considered pretty rare unless you don't put many hours on them.
My last 3 sets have been 35w ballasts. I've had both but find the 50's are brighter than I need with less longevity.
I'm not telling anyone LED's have a better output, but I would say they are likely less of a hassle for most, and that's what I'm looking for.
I've since been able to find some decent reviews elsewhere. It looks like the Morimoto 2 Strokes aren't any better than what's already on the market when it comes to producing a decent hotspot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ramportin1

Sickest member here
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well some guys get all the luck :) To not ever have a bulb burn out would be considered pretty rare unless you don't put many hours on them.
My last 3 sets have been 35w ballasts. I've had both but find the 50's are brighter than I need with less longevity.
I'm not telling anyone LED's have a better output, but I would say they are likely less of a hassle for most, and that's what I'm looking for.
I've since been able to find some decent reviews elsewhere. It looks like the Morimoto 2 Strokes aren't any better than what's already on the market when it comes to producing a decent hotspot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Agreed about the less hastle. Well good luck man!