Much diff between PXR and PX8 Black paint?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamSport11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a 2011 Ram with PXR paint and bought a sport hood today from a 2012 with PX8 paint code...would it be a noticeable diff if i put it on? PXR seems to have a sparkle to it

JGBimle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, a big difference especially in sunlight. I had a 14 PX8 and now a 15 PXR. PXR has a good bit of sparkle to it.

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Huge difference. You might be able to get away with it at night time with no direct light hitting it LOL

Px8 is just a straight black

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

jlpowell84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I know nothing about these paints, for all I know they could have been trans codes lol.

Anyway I wanted to ask on here what a good quality great looking finish long lasting paint I can buy to DIY paint my grill. I have already "tested" the look with plasti dip and like it and want to paint now. Plasti dip is flat black but I want to do something that is at least a semi gloss and could go for full gloss. I just got OEM black quad headlights which have gloss black painted inside so perhaps something to match that.

So whats the consensus paint heads? I could see the paint on the right in the pic up top working...

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
I know nothing about these paints, for all I know they could have been trans codes lol.

Anyway I wanted to ask on here what a good quality great looking finish long lasting paint I can buy to DIY paint my grill. I have already "tested" the look with plasti dip and like it and want to paint now. Plasti dip is flat black but I want to do something that is at least a semi gloss and could go for full gloss. I just got OEM black quad headlights which have gloss black painted inside so perhaps something to match that.

So whats the consensus paint heads? I could see the paint on the right in the pic up top working...

I actually just ordered some color match spray paint from this place to paint my grille.

Touch Up Paint and Accessories | AutomotiveTouchup